Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Hello from SLC, UT!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by avenues165, Jul 27, 2012.

1. avenues165

Jun 15, 2012
    SLC, Utah
    Hello everyone! I joined up in June 2012 after lurking on GT for over a year.

I live in SLC, Utah, and love all kinds of shooting. I suspect, if I were a better math student, I might have enjoyed a career in ballistics. Luckily, a relatively short drive and I can shoot my fill. Even then, I get out about 1/4 as much as I would like.

I currently have one Glock, my first, which is a G24 (longslide .40 s&w). While I am new to Glocks, I am not new to shooting. I have been shooting shotguns and rifles since I was a kid, and started shooting handguns about 10 years ago. I have become much more serious about handgun shooting in the last 2 years.

I was looking for a longslide pistol for plinking, and after a ton of research, I decided on a G35. While I was looking for a G35 I stumbled onto a G24 and could not say no. Luckily I could not resist it, I love my G24. I have a LW 357 sig barrel for it, and with the sig it is a ton of fun to shoot out to 100 yards:supergrin:

My G24 has sold me on Glock! I put a G23 on lay away last week, and can't wait to pick it up.

Can't wait to learn more on GT!
  2. advance congrats on your 23!

3. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
  4. avenues165

Jun 15, 2012
    SLC, Utah
    Thanks guys!

I have to add, I have handled a lot of guns in my lifetime, and the durability of Glocks is amazing! My G24 has a few rounds through it, and other than some very minor wear on the inside of the slide and around the first 2-3" of the barrel, it looks brand new. It seems like other pistols start showing some peening and other wear once they approach the 1,000 round mark. My Glock definitely is wearing better than a Beretta I used to own. Much more reliable as well.

There really seems to be something to Tenifer, melonite, QPQ, nitrocarborizing, etc. It makes me want to try a melonited barrel for my AR15.
  5. bsg1

Aug 31, 2009
    Southern California
    welcome to the forum.
  6. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

Jun 23, 2006
    Metro. Detroit
  7. redman797

Dec 26, 2011
    :wavey: from another who lives in SLC as well