Hello from Savannah Ga.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by savroof, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Hello all,
    the handle is part of my email address, it is short for Savannah Roofing. Have owned many GLOCKS since the late 80's. Just got a new Gen. 4 19, and LOVE IT!! NO problems, no brass in face, no jams, no nothing! Just pure GLOCK goodness!
    I do have a question: I put 200 rounds of PMC FMJ through it at the range, and just cleaned the barrel with the nylon brush after each shooting, no solvents, no oil, no brass brush. The barrel was black and shiny. Then I shot one 50 round box of Remington FMJ 115 gr. bullets through it, and noticed the grooves (not the lands) were now grey, and no amount of nylon brushing would make it go away. So I went and got some Hopps barrel cleaner/lead remover, and a brass cleaning brush, and cleaning pads. I thought that maybe the Remington FMJ rounds had a thinner copper cover on the bullets, and it was lead in my barrel, that the copper had rubbed off when the bullet went down the barrel. Anyway, after cleaning and cleaning, the lands are still grey, and not shiny black anymore. Any idea how one box of Remington FMJ would do this?? Has the GLOCK coating on the lands worn off so fast? Is this normal?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Hello from Savannah Introduction Forum Aug 7, 2014
    Hello Introduction Forum Yesterday at 6:42 PM
    Hello from NC Introduction Forum Thursday at 7:56 AM
    Hello from Portland Introduction Forum Wednesday at 12:12 AM
    Hello from Nebraska, not really new to this sight....just have to jump through the hoops. Introduction Forum Tuesday at 11:57 AM

3. Welcome. I'm in Augusta and looking for a job in Savannah. Great city.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. I've got a bit of grey in my barrel as well. I've cleaned it and the grey remains. Hopefully you will get an answer that will help us both with that issue.

5. Welcome to the forum!

6. Welcome!

7. Love the forum, just don't understand why my GLOCK barrel question is being held up by the moderator at the expert advice blog. I would really like to know what Remington's FMJ rounds did to my barrel.

8. jlbeasley1976

jlbeasley1976 Southern BTGOG

Hello. Just down the road from ya.

9. janice6

Platinum Member

Welcome to GT.

10. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

11. I'm still waiting on an answer for the grey color too :beer:

12. pipedreams

pipedreams Member