close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hello from Sandy, Oregon

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by 19sandyman, Mar 3, 2012.

1. 19sandyman

19sandyman

Feb 11, 2012
    Hello from Sandy, Oregon. Sandy is a town at the foot of Mount Hood and is about an hour from downtown Portland.

After a lot of research, I decided to purchase a G19 for home defense and a Fort Knox Pistol Box to keep my children from harming themselves.

I have always thought it was a good idea to have a gun to protect my family, but it was a ride along with a local cop that really convinved me. He said "I would encourage you to get a firearm. There are real monsters out there and law abiding citizen need the means to defend themselves." I have always believed that, but somehow hearing a cop say it really hit me.

Last week, my wife and I took a firearms safety class. Yesterday, we joined a local gun club. My wife is very supportive of the whole thing and told the instuctor that she wants the means to defend her family.

Anyway, I am glad to be here and look forward to learning all that I can.

See you at the range.

19sandyman

2. dragbike

dragbike

Oct 5, 2010
    Good choice, I grew up in Clackamas & the area just isn't what it used to be.You might consider a good 12 ga shotgun also. Lots of good info here, have fun.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012

3. nrabnf

nrabnf NRA Benefactor

Nov 5, 2011
    Chiloquin Oregon
    Welcome Sandyman, I'm down in Klamath county. You've made an excellent choice. Nowhere is what it used to be anymore. Stay safe & practice practice. Get a concealed carry license of you haven't already. In Oregon it's a simple process and it sounds like you're already 1/2 way there with the Firearms safety class.

4. Atomic Punk

Atomic Punk

Mar 11, 2008
    welcome. i was just in sandy last week for a job interview.

enjoy the new purchase, and stay safe. always more to learn.

5. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

May 21, 2011
    North-Central Florida
    Welcome from an ex Oregonian.

I went to high school in Central Point then spent two years at Mt Hood Community College in Gresham.

I lived in Boring. No joke. The town was actually named Boring.

6. larson1122

larson1122

Jan 30, 2012
    Minnesota
  7. frostamp

frostamp

Nov 28, 2010
    Welcome, I love Oregon
    been out there 13...14 times or so.

got a brother in Sandy
    good place to be

welcome!

8. jorj

jorj

Feb 24, 2012
    Welcome from sunny New Jersey.

Oregon is great. Visited relatives in Bend a couple of times and loved it there. Saw Mt Hood, Mt Bachelor and some lakes out that way. Also went to some hot springs in a National Forest near Eugene

Good decision about protecting the family.

I just joined GlockTalk and am gettin a G19 soon also. I don't think we will be disappointed.

9. blueyedmule

blueyedmule

Mar 19, 2012
    Oregon
    Motored through yer town many a time on my way to Bend from the Pdx terminal in Clackytown. I'm down south of ya in Spuntucky across the river from Moscow on the Willamette.

Nineteen, nice pick! :wavey: