close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hello from Racine, Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by windpoint, Feb 29, 2012.

1. windpoint

windpoint

Feb 23, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Howdy from the frozen tundra, home of the best Governor in US, Scott Walker, who passed CCW in our state. I own a Glock 26 which I admit I wish had a thumb safety. I am even considering installing one but decided to wait and see if I can get over my old fart ways. I bought the 26 due to it's reputation but in retrospect I wish I'd gotten the slim 45. Again only cause I was raised on 1911s. But now I turned the thing into a 900.00 gun what with sights, recoil rod and larger levers and buttons. I'm looking forward picking the minds of folks here.

2. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Central Florida

3. windpoint

windpoint

Feb 23, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Well, there was the time in the 70's when in a struggle a guy got hold of my weapon and the time he took trying to figure out why the gun didn't fire saved my ass.

4. AWGD8

AWGD8 Sr. Glocker29SF

Mar 19, 2006
    Dairyland
    Welcome to GT my fellow Cheeseh....:supergrin:

Regarding the G26, keep it stock for CCW.

A good modifications are stainless steel recoil spring , 25 cents trigger job and a GAP floorplate.

5. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle

Nov 27, 2011
    One of my best friends grew up in Racine. Welcome!

6. That's a legit concern, and you've been there, so what can I say?

But my own view is I want a draw and shoot gun, no safeties to fiddle with. I see lots of guys at club shoots and IDPA get stopped because they forget the safety or didn't swipe it effectively. But the decision whether to have one or not is your personal choice, of course.

I love the G26. I'd say the safety for that is a good kydex holster that completely covers the trigger area.

My 2 cents :)

7. glock_collector

glock_collector

Dec 23, 2011
    Hi! If ya want to do us in minnesota a favor when our governer crosses the lift bridge, once he is in your state, leave it up...That will help us!

8. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC
  9. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    One of my favorite restaurants in the world is in Racine. Totero's Tavern.

Unfortunately, they now only serve dinner for private parties. The best home-cooked Italian anywhere. I used to go there about 20 years ago, when I lived in Oak Creek, and it was amazing.

I was in Chicago last year for my brother's wedding, and went to Summerfest, stopping in Racine on the way back to see if Totero's was still still there. It was, and the family still runs it. Unfortunately the neighborhood has gone Section 8 (I wished for my missing CCW as I walked from my vehicle,) and was saddened to hear that I couldn't eat there. I guess the family is getting older and doesn't want/need to run it full-time anymore.

Welcome to GT.

Oh well... another one for the memory banks.