close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hello from New Jersey

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by jorj, Mar 3, 2012.

1. jorj

jorj

Feb 24, 2012
    Good news! Got me my first Glock today and a good price I think, too. It's a G19 Gen4, manufact. date of 2/12, and it is a beauty.

Soon I will find out if I can shoot it worth a dang.

2. HolvikArms

HolvikArms

Mar 7, 2012
    Edgewater FL
    can one of you jersey guys ship me a a white house sub and a pork roll egg and cheese? The only two 'jersey' things i miss...

3. jorj

jorj

Feb 24, 2012
    Thank you guys.

I put on the medium back strap and been dry firing my new G19. So far I like the way it handles and it points very well. I can already see myself liking this gun when I get to the range.

I live out in the sticks and because there ain't no good bakery out this way, I have to go all the way to Essex County, every so often, for some real Italian bread. But that's really no big deal.

Oh yea, taylor ham and egg on a hard roll is the best.

4. GlockinNJ

GlockinNJ

Apr 24, 2011
    PRONJ
    I can get the world's best Taylor ham, egg and cheese sammich right down the block, but it probably won't make the trip to Florida very well.

In north Jersey, we call it Taylor ham. In south Jersey, it's called pork roll.

In north Jersey, we call them subs. In south Jersey, they're hoagies.

5. GlockinNJ

GlockinNJ

Apr 24, 2011
    PRONJ
    Calandra's baby!! :thumbsup:

http://calandrasbakery.com/home.html

6. jorj

jorj

Feb 24, 2012
    Thanks oily oink. Have friends outside of Flint. Went to their wedding 15 years ago.

GlockinNJ, Calandras is Excellent. I make sure to visit my family down that way and I get sent home with a care package of local bread and bakery goodies. BTW, how is that range in Randolph. I heard some good things.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  7. GlockinNJ

GlockinNJ

Apr 24, 2011
    PRONJ
    The range in Randolph is great. (rtsponline.com and on FB)

Clean, state of the art range with a nice staff and good selection of firearms for sale. Decent prices too.

The only problem is that it's getting really crowded. But, I suppose if you build a great public range in a range-starved heavily populated place like north Jersey, that's going to happen. I hope they expand soon.