close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hello from MN

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by desperado10077, Oct 4, 2012.

1. desperado10077

desperado10077

Oct 2, 2012
    Hello everyone! I recently got my carry permit and that got me looking for something more suitable to carry than the handguns I had. Ended up with a used glock 26 that I picked up Tues, so obviously I'm very new to the glock world. From what I've read about glocks, not regretting my choice. Haven't even got it to the range yet but I'm looking forward to it as well as socializing with you folks.

2. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota

3. I am new as well. Just got a Gen4 17 FDE a couple of weeks ago....my first Glock. Diggin it so far with about 150 rds through it. Looking for different sights. Any suggestions?

4. RETGlock

RETGlock

Sep 22, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome! I am new as well. Bought my first glock (gen 3 g21) last tuesday. Finally got it to the range this week. You will not regret your purchase.

5. glock_collector

glock_collector

Dec 23, 2011
    Hi and welcome...from right in the middle of MN. BIR ring a bell?

6. 26 is a great gun. Only need to decide whether to curl the pinky under the grip, or to get a pinky extension that replaces the baseplate of the mag. There's other options but those are the two basic.

I prefer to curl my pinky under. Others may hold differently, but I like a strong push forward with the shooting palm, and pulling back with the support hand fingers. Thus, push pull, creating a vise that the short stubby grip is held in :)

7. MNOD Glocker

MNOD Glocker always around

Aug 13, 2008
    Central Minnesota

What he said. Welcome!:wavey:

8. Welcome from another Minnesotan, I am way down in the SW corner.

9. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    Good to see MN so well represented. Welcome all.

10. rahrah12

rahrah12

Sep 15, 2008
    Seattle
    welcome to the club...born and raised n MN...may move back eventually...