Hello From Kentucky

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by 68_Mustang, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Hello Everyone! I've looked at these forums for months and decided it was about time to become a member.

I am a corrections officer at a small jail in Kentucky. I am a recent graduate of Western Kentucky University. I am planning on going into the parole/probation field as soon as I can get hired (already had an interview).

I bought a glock 23 a couple months ago (my first glock). I've put a pachmyr grip on it as well as truglo fiberoptic rear and front sights. Using a blackhawk cqc serpa holster to carry it on my duty belt.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Hello from Kentucky Introduction Forum Jan 15, 2015
    Hello from Northern Kentucky Introduction Forum Dec 31, 2014
    Hello from Kentucky Introduction Forum Oct 24, 2014
    Hello from Northern Kentucky Introduction Forum Oct 6, 2014
    Hello from Kentucky Introduction Forum Sep 28, 2014

3. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

:welcome: Enjoy GT....................

4. Welcome!
  5. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Hello and welcome here...! :)
  7. Welcome to the forum!
  8. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

Welcome, and congrats on your graduation.

What part of the state are you? Greetings from the big city (Louisville)..

9. jay-bird

jay-bird goin' broke

Welcome! Enjoy watching UK in the NIT.

Edit. I do like the Hilltoppers, though. Go Wky!
    #9 jay-bird, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  10. Welcome.

11. :rofl:

I'm from Munfordville (exit 65 on I65) but the job I recently interviewed for is in Louisville (unfortunately South-west end of Louisville)
  12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Not unfortunate - that's one of the most exciting places to do the job, if you are looking for that.
  13. Post pics of the 68 mustang you have or had!

The 68 is my fave year... That high beam indicator s the toughest of them all... Lol..

Miss my 68 GTCS, but when kids are out of the house, game on again!

Welcome to GT. lots of good folks and good information here. I've owned most Glocks in the major calibers, and they are the definition case study of reliability, dependability, value, and easy to use and train with. If a person could only own one handgun, it would have to be a Glock, in my view.

Give some thought to a Lone Wolf conversion barrel so you can shoot 9 mm from your G23.
    I have the 40 to 9 LWD barrel for my G22, is it is like a G22 and G17 in one gun!

Welcome again! Be safe out there and stay alert!
  14. Welcome from a fellow Kentuckian and WKU Graduate also!
  15. Here's a photo of my 1968 mustang (still have) and my 1992 mustang strip/street car (gone)

Here's my parents cars:
    1966 mustang GT fastback and 1966 fairlane GTA

Will post pics of my brother's 1978 tramsam ws6 and a few of my guns when I get home. I'm running late for work lol
    #16 68_Mustang, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  16. Nice pics! Glocks and Mustangs have something in common..... Too many, are never enough!

Like the 69 hood scoop on your 68! Looks tough.

Q: your folks 65 or 66 fastback.... Does it have Weld or ? Wheels on it? Looks tough, too!
  17. janice6

Platinum Member

Welcome to GT.
  18. <----- western grad too. Finance major

Welcome to glocktalk.
  19. Currently the 66 fastback and the 67 fairlane both have weld draglites, but they're both going to change soon. Probably putting magnum 500s on the fastback and craigers on the fairlane