Hello from Italy

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by CV1073, Aug 23, 2012.

1. CV1073

Hello everybody

My name is Cris(tian), from Italy (even if now I am in Slovakia for work).
    Since last october i am the happy and proud owner of a gen 3 Glock 21.
    Sadly due to my job i didn't shoot a lot.. But hopefully at the end ofmthis project inwhich i am involved now, i will start tomgo tomthe range more often.
    Anyway, i have been lurking around couple of time but now i decided to join since i have various question to post in the various subforum.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Hello from Italy Introduction Forum May 17, 2014
    Hello from Italy Introduction Forum Mar 28, 2012
    Hello from AZ New Glock 43 question Introduction Forum Yesterday at 11:04 PM
    Hello from Pennsylvania! Introduction Forum Sunday at 1:36 PM
    Hello from Oklahoma Introduction Forum Saturday at 11:21 PM

3. AKRover

AKRover 10MM Fanatic

Welcome to the forum. You made a good choice in a firearm.

How available is 45ACP in Italy? I always thought of that as more of an American cartridge.

#2 AKRover, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  4. CV1073

thanks for the welcome.
    To answer to your question: the .45ACP is an absolute American institution and this is one of the reason of my love for it (I developed my taste for weapon when i was a student in a student exchange program and I have been sent in the US for some time..)
    Now in Italy this kind of ammo are readly available, we even have Fiocchi make some serious loads (185grs +p Black Mamba is more or less the most powerfull ammo you cna buy in Italy in that caliber).. but untill like 15 years ago it was illegal: it was considered a "war ammo" this because it was in service in various Army, mainly the US one. at a given point the guys in ours gov at that time discovered that the US Army left the venerable Colt system and switched to an Italian system.. lol the Beretta 92. (note that in Italy we don't have 9mm parabellum if not chambered in some revolver, we have a 9X21 version for example of the G17).
    Then when it was time to buy my first hadgun I decided to go for a Glock: I was looking for an "easy" weapon, something forgivefull even with a poor shoot as I am.
    At that point I was going back and forth between the 20 and the 21 but imho the 10mm is, in my opinion, an ammo for proficent shooter, at last more than what it is a .45ACP so I jumped on the 21 and it is the classical "two bird with one stone" since I went back to my first love aka the first round that I have ever shot: the .45ACP.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome, I feel at home already

5. Welcome to GT!
  6. Welcome to GT!
  7. CV1073

guys thanks :)
  8. ciao e benvenuto!
  9. CV1073

Again thanks to you all, i really like the mood of this forum
  10. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

Cris, what does it take for a citizen to own a handgun in Italy?
  11. Welcome aboard!!:wavey:
  12. Welcome. Where in Italy are you I headed there next month on vacation?:wavey:
  13. Hello folks and thanks for having me. The name is Dave and I'm from southeastern PA.

After hanging out here awhile, I finally decided to join up and sponge in all the valuable knowledge I see flying around.

Being a member of various other forums, I know how these things work and am looking forward to mingling and meandering this great site and all it has to offer.

Purchased my first Glock 17 back in January "87" and still have the original paperwork, tupperware, mags, ect...lightly fired it and will never sell it. I have such vivid memories of how much the old timers hated the plastic frame and ugly appearance. For me,...it was love at first site.

Lately I've been on the AR15 bandwagon and picked up my first Rock River,...tac op2 with all the goodies, eotech, ect... All I can say is I love that dang gun as much as I love my glocks.

Currently looking for a new or slightly used Gen 3/23 to add to my collection - main use CCL and would love to hear any and all opinions.

Once again, thanks for having me and I hope to help out when I can.
  14. Man, screwing things up already:upeyes: maybe a mod could correct my mistake,...I thought I was starting a new intro thread but mistakenly contributed to another.

Like i said, I know these things work :blondmoment:
  15. janice6

Platinum Member

Welcome Cris and Dave. I visited Italy many years ago and loved seeing the notable places of History.

Don't worry Dave, it isn't anything in the grand scheme of things. Just don't pull a Biden.........