close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hello from Illinois

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by Liquid Sword, May 31, 2013.

1. Liquid Sword

Liquid Sword

May 18, 2013
    Hi, I'm Jimmy from Illinois. I've just purchased my first handgun, a lovely G19. It's great except for how with the current market, I can't afford to shoot it much. I think I have just about 150 rounds through it (but a lot more dry-fire practice learning this trigger :embarassed:).

I did, however, find a place where I may be able to consistently get practice rounds for half of what I had been paying, so I see a lot more shooting in the future.

I really enjoy learning about firearms of all kinds, and hope to learn much more here. Gun forums are usually extremely conservative areas with lots of current/former policemen and other mostly conservative groups... I've had one problem on another site for saying something that did not jive with the popular opinion, and was booted for it (and it was not disrespectful, just a differing opinion). I hope this place doesn't prove to be the same, and welcomes all polite sharing of ideas and opinions.

Nice to meet you all.
    Jimmy

2. NavyMSU

NavyMSU

Oct 26, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Welcome and congrats... Your politicians finally put together a not-completely-full-of-bs concealed carry laws that are on the Governors desk. You might be able to legally carry soon.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Aug 20, 2010
    Out On The Tiles
    Hi there :wavey:

We welcome all viewpoints even when you are wrong. :tongueout:

Just kidding. Glad to have you aboard. :supergrin:

4. Liquid Sword

Liquid Sword

May 18, 2013
    I'd just like to say that I've perused the site today more than in all the time since I've signed up, and I love this board!

5. NavyMSU

NavyMSU

Oct 26, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Pros and cons...

People are quick to insult you if they disagree with you or even if the sense the slightest disagreement on your behalf.

The butthurt is strong here... So take everything with a grain of salt.

Even simple posts like "recommend a small carry gun, no .380 please" type of posts get offended .380 owners all rude and they go on the offensive.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. Hej Hej

Hej Hej

Dec 2, 2012
    Chesterfield, MO.
    Welcome from a neighboring state!!!! Hope to be a G19 owner soon too!!!

7. Liquid Sword

Liquid Sword

May 18, 2013
    Thank you for all the welcomes. The site's a good one. Two things I've learned is that this place has many who can offer great information/help and even possible friendship. Also, the butthurt can indeed be very strong! :rofl:

8. Python-Hunter

Python-Hunter NRA Life Member

Mar 4, 2013
    NorthEastern Illinois
    :welcome:
    Welcome from another Illinois Glocker. Enjoy GT!