Hello from AZ

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by 714reyesj, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Hello. Name's Danny I just recently purchased my first firearm a glock 19 gen 3. I was initially going to purchase a gen 4 but they are not allowed in CA without having to jump through some hoops. I decided to purchase my first gun after an attempted break in at my home while we were out on vacation. Thank god for my security system. Looking to learn a lot from you guys.

1st question.
    I notice every time I clear my gun.(remove mag, check chamber, aim in safe direction, pull trigger) and then disassemble the slide I see that the spring has come up from its spot and I have to push it back down to where it should be. is that common? I have never fired this weapon.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Hello from NC Introduction Forum Today at 7:56 AM
    Hello from Portland Introduction Forum Yesterday at 12:12 AM
    Hello from Nebraska, not really new to this sight....just have to jump through the hoops. Introduction Forum Tuesday at 11:57 AM
    Hello... Introduction Forum Tuesday at 10:32 AM
    Hello from NC Introduction Forum Sunday at 12:18 AM

3. :welcome:

4. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Welcome to GT

:50cal:

#3 TSAX, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  5. I don't know about your spring question.

Om my Gocks, the recoil rod and spring stay in position as I take the slide off, but I always hold the spring in position with my thumb as I remove the slide.

6. So are you in AZ or CA?

7. AZ but I am moving back to Cali by the end of the year.

#6 714reyesj, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  8. Do you own a Glock 19 gen 3?

9. Oh yeah, that's right my g2.5 26 and g4 17 have different springs. Sorry :)

10. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

11. Welcome from Indiana.
    Cheers

12. pack-indy

pack-indy Emissary

Welcome :wavey:

13. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!

14. Yes, that's normal. When your gun is assembled, the recoil spring rests on the barrel block, not the locking lugs of the barrel. The recess there is just to hold it. Make sure you seat it all the way up every time you slide your slide assembly onto your frame, or you can scratch the crap out of the inside of your dust cover, and lock up your side digging into the polymer.
    That's a bummer. I'll never live in CA again!

15. Welcome to GT! Congrats on the new 19, my deepest condolences on moving back to CA...although I live in communist NY state which isn't much better.

16. :welcome:and:wavey:from Troy,Michigan:supergrin: