close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hello Forum newbie from Connecticut

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by WheelGunFan, Jul 19, 2012.

1. WheelGunFan

WheelGunFan

Jul 18, 2012
    Connecticut
    Hello,

Been shooting for some time. Since about 18yrs old. I recently became a GSSF member. I am an NRA Certified Pistol Instructor and will be going to a Glock Armorers course in September.

Mostly been shooting S&W/Sig but I have Glock 17/19 and just ordered a G34 and hoping to use it for various competition. I am also looking at a used 17C that I am currently bidding on.

Its the competitive portions of the sport that I enjoy the most. Anyway, I will not pretend to be a Glock expert and signed up here in hopes of learning as much as I can.

I am not a super fan of any one brand because I believe they all have pluses and minuses and some models are better than others. For example, I cannot wait to try the 17C in comparison to the Arsenal Firearms Strike Pistol SyStem due in October. So, in general I am gun enthusiast and general fan more than anything else.

Thanks, hope to meet some of you guys at the various water coolers around here.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012

2. GLOCK17DB9

GLOCK17DB9

Dec 30, 2011
    Troy, MI
    Welcome and hello from Troy,Michigan

3. WheelGunFan

WheelGunFan

Jul 18, 2012
    Connecticut
    I mean Glock 34 often called G34 even in the Glock literature/website. Apparently I had a dyslexic moment -- sorry!

4. Got it. Wasn't sure if you meant a G4 (gen4 or generation 4), or a new model Glock with a decocker-only, similar to a Beretta 92G :rofl:

5. WheelGunFan

WheelGunFan

Jul 18, 2012
    Connecticut
    Hello, that is a great link to the buyers guide

I have Colt Gold Cup Trophy Series 80 which I love but I wish I had that guide when I was looking.

Great link!

6. WheelGunFan

WheelGunFan

Jul 18, 2012
    Connecticut
    Thanks for all the greetings!

7. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

Jun 23, 2006
    Metro. Detroit
  8. kj4963

kj4963