close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hello fellow Ohio Glockers

Discussion in 'Ohio Glockers' started by Kentguy, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Kentguy

Kentguy

Nov 22, 2010
    Kent, OH
    Greetings everyone,

I thought that perhaps I might take a moment to say Hello to you, my fellow Ohio Glockers. I live very close to Kent State University in Brimfield Twp., OH. I am the proud owner of 4 Glocks; G26, G19, G17 & G21 and each one is my favorite.:supergrin:

I have competed in the GSSF competitions here in Ohio for the past 3 years and im sure i've met some of you in one of those events.

I am planning on coming to the "meet & Greet" being organized, where im sure we will get a chance to chat some more.

2. jco69

jco69

Feb 24, 2011
    Austintown, Ohio
    Alan,
    welcome aboard and looking forward to meeting :)

since you shoot GSSF, we my have to handicap you in the competitions :)

3. forr59

forr59 Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Boardman, OH
    Looking forward to meeting you at the meet & greet.

4. Rcsteffen

Rcsteffen

Dec 25, 2011
    Hey Kentguy, I'm kind of a newb around here too. Welcome, and I'll see you Saturday.:cool:

5. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    Welcome. I'll be at the meet as well.

JCO, we should handicap everyone but me. I never shot a gun before, but I watch alot of TV.:whistling:

6. . . . and i've only been shooting for 14 months . . . seriously . . . only 14 months. i started 14 months ago with my dad's service revolver he gave me after he retired. it's a S&W pre-model 10 .38 Special (he bought it brand-spankin new in 1957). i think i need a handicap too :tongueout:

anyway, kentguy, . . . :welcome:
    as you can tell, we're all very friendly around here, and there is a lot that can be learned.

looking forward to meeting you saturday . . . :wavey:

7. Rcsteffen

Rcsteffen

Dec 25, 2011
    I fired a semi-auto for the first time in January. 45 yrs old and I'd only fired a revolver a few times prior to that; and did a little skeet shooting. Sad, I know. ;)

8. Dr.Crash

Dr.Crash

Nov 3, 2011
    Welcome! See you Saturday.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. Kentguy

Kentguy

Nov 22, 2010
    Kent, OH
    Thanks everyone,

The one thing that I have learned about competition shooting is to be the most suspicious of anyone who says… “Oh I really can’t shoot” or “I’m no good I’m just a rookie at this”. They are usually the best shots out there, sandbaggers… every one of them. :supergrin:

John,
    This sounds like the meet & greet is really shaping up to be a great event. Thanks for taking the old bull by the horns and getting this party started... so to speak. :thumbsup:

58duck,
    several years ago I purchased a (shuuu... let me say this quietly in a Glock forum) S&W model 10-6, 38 Special with a 4" heavy barrel. This gun was built in 1967 for the Department of Corrections in Atlanta GA. Its just a solid built very accurate and fun to shoot gun.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  10. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    You won't get grief from me for having a S&W revolver. I have many more of those than I have Glocks. The 10 is a classic.

11. First, welcome, Kentguy!

:wavey:

As you can tell by my join-date and post-count, I'm a noob here, too. :embarassed:

-----

^ Hey, that's about when I started, too!!! I've got a couple of months on you - November, 2010 - but I still can't hit the broad side of a barn, standing next to it! :faint::rofl:

12. first, you need to turn around and face the barn . . . :animlol:

13. jco69

jco69

Feb 24, 2011
    Austintown, Ohio

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

14. :whistling:

i agree - KUDO'S TO JOHN :yourock: . . . but there's more . . . just wait 'till tomorrow :banana:

bring it - i'll bring my S&W, maybe ronin.45 and some others will bring theirs, too . . . :thumbsup:

15. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    I'm bringing one. The bag gets too heavy if I try to bring them all.

16. I carry a S&W 3" 65. It will definitely be there.

17. Kentguy

Kentguy

Nov 22, 2010
    Kent, OH
    Ok you guys made me re-think whats going to be in the range bag tomorrow. As of right now i'm bringing three of my pistols;

G17 - S&W model 10 - Colt 1911 .22LR

Just going to bring a little varity to play around with.