Hello everyone! Ammo Question

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by tc1684, Apr 20, 2012.

1. tc1684

Hi! nice to be a part of this forum, my name is Tyler I just recently purchased my first glock (23) and I absolutely love it. So far I have put American Eagle 165gr and Blazer 180gr and 165gr, all of which had good results. The American eagle did jam on me twice but the next time I shot it, it shot flawlessly. I plan on trying a few other types of ammo just to find the best shooting for practice purposes, any suggestions or opinions on what shoots best? Thanks!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Hello everyone Introduction Forum Sep 29, 2015
    Hello everyone Introduction Forum Sep 2, 2015
    Hello everyone! Introduction Forum May 29, 2015
    Hello everyone from Turkey Introduction Forum Apr 26, 2015
    Hello everyone Introduction Forum Apr 11, 2015

3. TSAX

Welcome, Ive never had the AE stuff jam on my .40 guns, I have also used Win 100 round value packs, Speer, S&B, Magtech with no issues

4. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

I've never had a problem with American Eagle or Speer Lawman in .40.

For carry I like Winchester PDX1, doesn't matter which grain.
  5. tc1684

Ok, thanks guys! I think I am going to try the winchester value pack next and as for carry voyager i was looking into those they seem like a pretty good round, as of right now i have a couple mags loaded with 165gr federal hydra shoks.
  6. DuramaxOn40s

DuramaxOn40s TheDieselFreak

I just recently tried the Federal 180gr from WalMart in my G23... Granted I only got to shoot 50 rounds because of time but they worked fine... No failure to feeds or extract, so far. I will be using them again the next time I go shooting, just to be sure they're okay. Also, they run about $19 for a box of 50, around where I live... Just a heads up. Happy shooting !!!
  7. I shoot a lot of Remington UMC in my 27 (it's what I can find at WallyWorld) both .40 & 9 (the latter through my LWD conversion barrel.)
  8. :welcome: aboard! Hope you get some good info!
  9. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!
  10. Welcome and happy shooting.