Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Hello and a ? - What is the best place/price to find a G19 in DFW

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by sjp310, Sep 3, 2007.

1. sjp310

Aug 15, 2007
    Hey all, :wavey:

I've been in DFW for about two years now and looking to get my first glock. I have looked at Academy and Cheaper than Dirt prices seem to be around $499, is this a good price, or should I hold out until the gun show in a couple weeks?

Thanks for everyone's help in advance!:thumbsup:
  2. joseywales

Oct 6, 2001
    I would wait for the gun show at Market Hall 22Sep.

3. -EAD-

Aug 15, 2007
    $499 is the best price I could find here in Houston also... and then you pay sales tax on top of that.

You might try online and getting it shipped, thats what I did.
  4. Pay shipping and FFL Transfer fee too buying on line! [​IMG]
  5. I bought a very nice Gen 2 model 19 at Market Hall last year for $400 out the door. It was a consignment piece from a local dealer so no sales tax was charged and I got 1-10 rd and 2-15 round Glock mags to boot.

I found that the prices of new in the box Glocks was consistant with retail pricing at Market Hall.
  6. sjp310

Aug 15, 2007
    Thanks for the info everyone. I'll see you at the gun show...
  7. Sherlock Glock

Sherlock Glock Lifetime Member

Jul 30, 2003
    Dallas, Texas area
    Check the Mesquite, Big Town Gun show this weekin, 15 & 16 of Sept.
    Many a great deals there. Normally the New Glocks or $449.
  8. GLOCK35TX

GLOCK35TX As seen on TV

Jul 5, 2005
    Texas - DFW
    Go to Market Hall.

Take a pad/pen with you and take notes as to what tables had what and at what prices...

Ironically the bigger tables usually have the better deals on NIB pistols - Schramm, Bachman Pawn, etc...

(((Sometimes the dealers will also get into little "price wars" and lower their prices a few dollars by the hour-most if not all the bigger dealers will price match)))

Remember Cash talks - leave the debit/credit card at home since they usually tac on a 3% fee for them.