close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Helle knife from Norway???

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by Bernie Link, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Bernie Link

Bernie Link

Aug 3, 2010
    Roswell, NM
    A friend gave me a Helle Knife about 35 years ago. Can anyone tell me when it was made, how much it's worth, etc.? On the box it reads: A/S Helle, Fabrikker, Norway. On the end of the box it reads: 61. It has what looks like a shield on the box and on the top of the shield it reads: HELLE - RARD or BARD (the bottom of the letters are worn off so it's hard to read). On the knife it reads: BERGANS, troll, NORWAY and just above the bolster it reads: HIGH CARBON EDGE. It seems to be a laminated steel blade with an aluminum bolster and butt with a dark wood handle.[​IMG]

2. I will have to check, but I bought a couple knives when I did some winter time above the Arctic circle. One of the knives was supposedly a traditional Laplander design with a wood grip. I never used them, but they seem well made.

By the way, I was unable to see the picture you posted. Maybe it is the tapatalk app I am using.

3. Bernie Link

Bernie Link

Aug 3, 2010
    Roswell, NM
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  4. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    still no pic.

Does it look like this one?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  5. bdcochran

bdcochran

Sep 23, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I have a Helle. The scales are just different. Why/what is the piece of rounded metal at the back? I also assume, without knowing, that the metal strip between the blade and the scales is just for re-inforcement. Right?