Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Helle knife from Norway???

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by Bernie Link, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Bernie Link

Bernie Link

Aug 3, 2010
    Roswell, NM
    A friend gave me a Helle Knife about 35 years ago. Can anyone tell me when it was made, how much it's worth, etc.? On the box it reads: A/S Helle, Fabrikker, Norway. On the end of the box it reads: 61. It has what looks like a shield on the box and on the top of the shield it reads: HELLE - RARD or BARD (the bottom of the letters are worn off so it's hard to read). On the knife it reads: BERGANS, troll, NORWAY and just above the bolster it reads: HIGH CARBON EDGE. It seems to be a laminated steel blade with an aluminum bolster and butt with a dark wood handle.[​IMG]
  2. I will have to check, but I bought a couple knives when I did some winter time above the Arctic circle. One of the knives was supposedly a traditional Laplander design with a wood grip. I never used them, but they seem well made.

By the way, I was unable to see the picture you posted. Maybe it is the tapatalk app I am using.

3. Bernie Link

Bernie Link

Aug 3, 2010
    Roswell, NM
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  4. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    still no pic.

Does it look like this one?
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  5. bdcochran

Sep 23, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I have a Helle. The scales are just different. Why/what is the piece of rounded metal at the back? I also assume, without knowing, that the metal strip between the blade and the scales is just for re-inforcement. Right?