close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Heavy trigger pull?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by nick425, Jan 12, 2010.

1. nick425

nick425

Jan 7, 2010
    What would cause this? I compared my G17 gen3 to my "new" G22 gen2 and the G22 has a much heavier trigger pull. I took the whole thing apart and cleaned it and it feels much heaver than the stock 5lb trigger and it does not have any aftermarket trigger connectors. Let me know, thanks!

2. 1006

Aug 12, 2007
    Newnan, Georgia
    maybe, the 17 has a 3.5 connector, or the striker springs are not the same.

3. FillYerHands

FillYerHands you son of a

Mar 21, 2008
    Kennesaw, GA
    It might have the NY trigger installed, too. Is there a regular S shaped sping connecting the trigger bar to the mechanism housing?

Here's the different trigger springs:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  4. h&kbama

h&kbama

Jan 28, 2005
    SE United States
    Older parts in Gen 2, rougher cut/manufactured? I have several Glocks and after taking them apart, each trigger bar & connector are the same basic shape/configuration. However, the fit and finish of each one seems to be a little different. They eventually wear-in to be ok. Or the Gen 2 might have a different trigger spring system (NY1 or NY2) as previously stated. Good luck.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  5. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Sep 10, 2001
    SC
    My NIB 23 had the verticle extention dragging on the bottom of the slide. Took a new triggerbar to fix it and plenty od dry firing even at that.

6. FillYerHands

FillYerHands you son of a

Mar 21, 2008
    Kennesaw, GA
    You could also try doing the famous 25 cent trigger job - polish the parts of the trigger system that rub together. See http://www.alpharubicon.com/mrpoyz/glock/

This would take care of rough trigger parts.