close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Heavy Extended Aluminum Magazine Base

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by Riverkilt, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Riverkilt

Riverkilt
    Expand Collapse

Been trying for weeks to get an answer at Glockstore about their T1083 Heavy Extended Aluminum Magazine Base...they still aren't answering phone, email, or their send us a message dealie. Finally occured to me the answer to the question might be here on the GT forum with all the experts.

Just want to know before I buy how they attach to the magazine (G26 gen 4)? Do they replace the existing magazine base plate? Do they attach to the existing magazine base plate somehow?

Lenny won't answer the phone to answer the question so maybe someone else can for him. And, depending on the answer I may not need them after all and don't need to fret about being ignored any more.

I want red ones to help trick out the G26 and to make it more obvious which magazines go to the G26.

Thanks for any wisdom.

2. dhoomonyou

dhoomonyou
    Expand Collapse

Tagged

Interesting

Do u have pricing?

3. PVolk

PVolk
    Expand Collapse

Yes, they replace the existing plastic baseplate. They fit tight, but the little ears on the side of the mag is the only retention otherwise. Too bad you weren't looking for blue - I'd make you a killer deal.

Also, I'd recommend running the Dawson extensions over the aluminum bases.

#3 PVolk, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  4. Riverkilt

Riverkilt
    Expand Collapse

$30 apieice....high bucks for "gun fashion." But, I want what I want when I want it.

I'll look at the Dawson dealies - thanks

5. Riverkilt

Riverkilt
    Expand Collapse

Wow! A guy passed on the local Sandy Eggo number for Glockstore 858-569-4000 So called and got a human who answered the phone in only 4 rings. Then she patched me to the order dept and I was on hold for 16 minutes...but finally got through, got my questions answered, and placed the order. Of course they're back ordered in red...but when they come in they'll ship them to me. Said they won't bill the plastic until they're shipped. We'll see. At least I don't have to waste time calling the unanswered 800 number or sending unanswered emails or messages on their message thingie..

Amazing how this little breakthrough releases a surge of optimism...hopefully not to be crushed...we'll see.