Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Health Talk

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Allegra, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Tama na yang usapang violence , maiba naman

Had my blood tested ( blood chem ba yun?) kasi discounted price hehe
    I'm 37 and it turns out I've got the blood of a teenager naks! :)
    Everything was great daw chlosterol,sugar,hdl,ldl, espn etc
    It's even better than when I was in my 20's coz I was a fat ass back then
    Fascinating because a year ago , my cholesterol was 230 ( was even riding bikes more nuon )
    I still eat a lot of fat , meat , eggs etc
    The only diff in my diet was I stoppped eating rice/bread and ate more vegetables and fruits instead

I call it, the caveman or panahon ng hapon diet :) btw , lost another 10lbs when I stopped eating rice
    Contrary to what all of you are thinking , it WONT make yuo weak
    Surprised at the results lang
    So hows your health guys? Check up!
  2. Chie

Jul 1, 2005
    good for you papi! i also want to have that kind of test but nakalimutan ko always that i have to skip dinner, kaya always postponed appointment. :supergrin:

have not had any kind of test what so ever. 33 yrs old, height 5'6" weight around 175 lbs, aside for the perspiration when shooting, only exercise i get is during sunday when i clean my car.

thats why i'm thinking of buying a bike that i can ride around the village when i get home from work. any suggestions?

3. Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    I've Stopped riding cars
    No need for expensive bikes , any bike will do
    or Just walk a lot ,I've saved a lot sa gas bills

Your in Baguio , ang mura ng gulay jan
    Nice town :)
  4. isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    My doctor in the Philippines once told me that unused carbohydrates in the body is not good. He told me to eat more fruits and vegetables and reduce the intake of rice and pasta.

Kaso lang, hindi maiwasan ang intake ng rice when we go home to the Philippines if the rice is newly harvested and milled; coupled with grilled pork chops, sinabawan na manok with ubod ng saging and kadyos, tuyo and bagoong bisaya.;) Whew!
  5. Allegra

Mar 16, 2003

Fruits and veggies are low cal and packed w/ nutrients
    even my injuries improved when I ate more of them

Of course none of this will matter , if you get shot dead in traffic :)
  6. Chie

Jul 1, 2005
    will try to do breeze walking muna baka mabigla.

from UP village po :supergrin:
  7. revo

Apr 27, 2003
    i am a complete vegetarian.
  8. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

Dec 7, 2002
    on the road again
    i'm a budgetarian.:supergrin: only eat more ulam.good for asphalt burning.good for you fafa A.:thumbsup:
  9. Allegra

Mar 16, 2003

aha! according to fafa chris Carmichael , sweet fotato or fotato is better!
    Lots of carbs, lots of nutrients
    In fact , yan daw mimimeriends nung pareng Lance ko pag namamasyal sya sa France :)
  10. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

Dec 7, 2002
    on the road again
    is that what we call "kamote"?:supergrin: maybe thats why he's fast.or do you mean the big potatoe?
  11. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

Aug 11, 2004
    Pugad Baboy
    Of course none of this will matter , if you get shot dead in traffic :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

12. Wp.22

Jan 17, 2005
    im 30 yrs old, 5'6" in height and weighs 215lbs. only form of exercise is the one done in bed and lifting my camera. Had a complete blood chem last year the doctors found out that i have high uric acid. Im not taking any meds for uric acid still eat mungo every friday and isaw once in while.

My wife say's that i eat to much meat i told that she should asked her dad to stop sending 10 kilos of del monte steak to our house every so often.

On the other hand my sister found out that she has high blood not because of what she eat but due to stress at work.
  13. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    Lots of BOGs going on diets. Mtho has lost alot of weight already. I think 9mx and shihan are also dieting.

I promised myself to diet when i'm 40, next year na pala yun. :shocked: :supergrin:

I was able to stop smoking, mas mahirap ba tumigil mag rice? :supergrin:
  14. You've got 10 years or so before the cumulative effects of the abuse begin to set in...

Life begins at 40 talaga, as in you 'immediately' begin to realize your mortality due to strange pains and ailments you've never felt before... :supergrin:
  15. I started to seriously reduce weight last year. Started out at 224lbs (5'6" din me ;)). Got it all the way down to 180. Very nice...

Gave myself teeny weeny bits of rewards now and then. An extra bowl of soup here, an extra pandesal there, another chix wing here... Sarap talaga kumain! :hugs:

Voila! 215 na ulit ako ngayon. :shocked: BAkit kaya??? ;)
  16. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    si gundog pinayuhan ng surgeon niya to avoid fats and meat kasi nga tinangal na gall bladder nya kaya hayun! nag gain ng 10 lbs! hahaha!
    parang na-rape tuloy ng labing dlawan marino hitsura ng pusod niya ngayon! hahaha!

me??? 5'8'' and 185lbs! stoped smoking mag 5 years na and play tennis regularly. nag plateau na weight ko sa 183-185lbs pero maluwag naman lahat ng pantalon ko!
  17. atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    :animlol: :animlol: :animlol:

just recently i got diagnosed w/ diabetes so it was either drink meds or exercise, no choice...i dont like drinking meds, it makes me feel old, im only 35, i bought a treadmill and now i burn 500kcal 5x/week...thats running for an hour for 6.5kms at 6kmh, so far so good im down to 170 from 200....and oh 5'8" din pala me:supergrin:

you forgot kadios, baboy, langka:supergrin:
  18. Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    I still drink a lot , in fact I'm drunk right now :)
    I'm not advocating you become a vegetarian
    I still eat a lot of meat and you need the protein if you want some muscles ( you might need to trim the fat though )
    Nothing wrong w/ rice except that we pinoys tend to eat too mch of it , and then it takes up too much space w/c SHOULD be used for more nutritious food w/ probably have less calories
    The darker the color veggy the better , and prfwerably raw r almost raw ( salads )
    If you have a relative who's old or sickly , take a look at his diet
    Malamang puro kanin at ulam , typical pinoy food
    No , I didnt make this up :)I learned this from Herbalife and studying what some UFC fighters eat ( frank shamrock,ace frnklin, sean sherk )

Play badminton or put up a basketball ring in your garage
    Anything that we'll make you sweat for an hour 4 5 times a week

Tapos avoid kicking someone elses windshield....
  19. Toledo

Feb 15, 2005
    Ober Der
    This is a good topic...I quess most of us are in that age
    where health & lifestyle really matter now. I too have been
    eating healthy portion of fruits and vegetables. I have completely
    done away with white rice. Instead, I eat brown or wild rice and lots of camotes...greatsource of fiber. I am diabetic & I find this
    type of diet helps alot. I also eat lots of ampalaya and broccoli raw. I got used to eating raw. I was always into excercise but since I got married and now with and 8 year old, dont have much time for it. But now, I ride my bike more often & use the thread mill at work. I want to get back to my martial arts as I find this is the best form of excercise...Good luck to all and hope you keep healthy eating more fruits and veggies...Also, has anyone heard of Kangen water there in the Philippines?
  20. Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    ...and before I forget , pag tinaggal mo kanin
    Mabilis ka maumay and you instantly eat less

plus , tipid sa mltivitamins or fiber supplements
    No need