close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Heads up - Natchez excellent sale on .223 & 5.56

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by rwrjr, Aug 20, 2010.

1. rwrjr

rwrjr

2. gdvan01

gdvan01

3. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

$.35 a round is a DEAL? I'd wait as wasn't this the place that was gouging during the shortage?:whistling:

4. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

I don't need any either, but I'm tempted to buy too.

However, you might want to check out Palmetto (link at the top of the page). I think Palmetto can beat those prices.

5. Trigger Finger

Trigger Finger

With a little looking you can find 5.56 mm for less than .30 cents a round!!!

6. rwrjr

rwrjr

I'd appreciate a pointer in the right direction.

7. jimbojoker

jimbojoker

$309.00 per 1000rd does indeed beat $350.00 and the shipping is only $12 per case. Plus, they have been a sponsor of GT for some time now.

8. Trigger Finger

Trigger Finger

This is what I was talking about. I just bought and received 2,000 rounds of this ammo and it works great out of my two ARs. I have been dealing with this company for years with absolutely no problems!!
    I think this works out to .21 cents a round of 5.56mm.
    Hope this helps. :supergrin:

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=6876&dir=18|830|845

9. rwrjr

rwrjr

Now we're not comparing apples to apples. Your link goes to the price for Wolf Black Box at Wideners. I posted links for Federal AE and Federal XM193. Brass vs Steel and American vs Russian.

I'm not bashing Wolf by any means, I'm just saying I would expect Wolf to be cheaper than any american ammo in brass. I prefer Wolf Military Classic over Wolf BB when I do buy Wolf. Wolf MC has better accuracy out of my rifles, about as accurate as XM193 and pretty darn close to Fed AE. The last time I bought Wolf was right before the prices really started going up and I got 1000 rounds of Wolf MC from Cabelas for $199 and the deal included one of those plastic ammo boxes they frequently bundle ammo with.

Good to see Wolf approaching the $200 range again and I might buy some if it goes cheaper still. Thanks for the link.

10. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

There have been some really good deals out there the last couple months on .223/5.56.

I bought a lot of ammo in the year or so before the 2008 presidential election and subsequent ammo shortage. I wasn't seeing sub $300 for brass cased .223/5.56 even back then. But now it seems to be heading in that direction.

Every time I see a good deal I'm temped to buy more and have to convince myself not to. I'm trying to maintain a waiting mode, I'm waiting to see if it will go even lower.

7.62x39 is also becoming cheaper. Finding prices below $200 is becoming easier to do.

I just wish handgun ammo would start recovering. While there's little or no shortage anymore, the prices are still outrageous in my opinion.