close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Heads down???

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ScarMack, Sep 20, 2011.

1. ScarMack

ScarMack

Jun 30, 2010
    Sharpsville, PA
    Since I'm going to the academy in January and every time I see a cruiser I get all excited and vision myself behind the wheel...Well thats a different story haha.

Why does it seem every I pass a "parked" cop, his head is always down???

I'm sure their not sleeping haha, just wondering what the deal is and why their not watching the road or do I just have bad timing and catch them maybe playing with their phones or something

2. merlynusn

merlynusn

Nov 16, 2007
    NC
    Probably on his computer. I know that when I first started I would type my replies to messages, etc when I got to traffic lights. It's a rare time when we're stopped that we aren't catching up on paperwork of some kind or another.

3. ScarMack

ScarMack

Jun 30, 2010
    Sharpsville, PA

Thats what I figured. I'm sure theres A LOT of paperwork to deal with. I appreciate the response. Stay safe out there.

4. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Computer, paperwork, phone, reading a book, who knows.

5. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

There are many things that occupies a cop's attention. Now, if you decide to spin tires in front of the fellow I am sure that will get his attention.:whistling:

6. ScarMack

ScarMack

Jun 30, 2010
    Sharpsville, PA
    haha, I have a pretty loud car, so I typically just push the clutch in and give it a nice rev and smile :) lol

I'm from a small town of maybe 4,500 people. Everyone knows everyone. And I'm shooting buddies with most of the department, as of right now, 5 people haha

7. KiloBravo

KiloBravo Lifetime Newb

Good luck at the academy OP! I myself, hope to start the upcoming academy in November as well. I am guessing though, that since 5 people is most of this department, that is must be a local dept? If so, great going! I had a rough time during the physical testing for the last local job that I applied for. Therefore, I reached out to a large agency, and it seems like this might finally be my shot.

I wish you all the best! :wavey:

8. ScarMack

ScarMack

Jun 30, 2010
    Sharpsville, PA
    Yessir, local pd. We were actually down to two officers at one time and then they were looking for 4 more and thats when it hit me.

Born and raised in this town and never thought for a second about becoming a cop. When I turned 21 (just turned 22 9/14/89) I really got into guns and shooting. I don't hunt though, animal lover. I have a small collection of firearms now and its only growing. One day I would love to be on a K9 unit to mix my love for dogs and being a officer.

For those who have facebook, heres a photo of my room haha enjoy

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...0305490784417.355293.667089416&type=1&theater

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  9. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
  10. I was sorely tempted to say, "playing pocket pool". :rofl:

11. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member