close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Headed To the Alamo

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by CodyBoy, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Taking a trip this weekend to San Antonio and will be visiting the Alamo.

Anyone know if its posted 30.06?

Metal detectors?

Thanks

2. dogchild

dogchild

Apr 17, 2011
    Tejas
    http://thealamo.org/visitors/overview.php
    Maybe this will help

3. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    I would find it rather ironic (though not surprising) if guns were banned at today's Alamo.

4. Yea I had already been to that page. It said nothing about carrying that I could see. Unless I didn't read enough into it.

Thanks.

5. Surely someone on GT has been there and carried or didn't.

Seen signs or didn't.

Thanks

6. OldCurlyWolf

OldCurlyWolf

Aug 7, 2010
    Go check in at TexasCHL, or Texas Gun Talk. Someone there should know.

7. bithabus

bithabus

Jul 6, 2008
    Austin TX
    The Alamo is not posted. If it were posted the sign would not apply, since it is government property.

8. It wasn't posted when I was there a year or so ago. No metal detectors. Remember to take your hat off for respect and not forget like I did. Even though it was a Stetson a "Ranger" very nicely asked me to take it off. I just didn't see the very prominent sign. My bad. There are some great old guns and knives on display there.
    Cherokee Slim

9. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

Jan 27, 2006
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
  10. coqui33

coqui33 NRA Instructor

Jul 16, 2009
    Florida
    The wife and I spent quite a bit of time in the Alamo and on Alamo property last month when we performed at the Texas Folklife Festival. We both carried everywhere. No signs about guns anywhere. Like Cherokee, I also neglected to remove my hat inside the shrine and was reminded to do so by a docent.

11. rohanreginald

rohanreginald Novice

Dec 9, 2009
    I was at the Alamo last year. I talked to one of the police force guys. They work for some obscure agency. They are really cool and will tell you about their job and their mission. I didn't see any signs there, and no metal detectors. It is a rather open area exhibit.

12. isp2605

isp2605

Oct 2, 2002
    IL
    They should have posted the sign in 1836. Doubt if it would have worked back then either.