close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Head Shot

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by jerrytrini, Nov 11, 2004.

1. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

Sep 15, 2001
    19th Hole
    Did you see the bad guy get shot in the head by an LAPD Sgt? This bad guy took one of the clerks in the Mexican Consulate hostage. The Sgt was a firearms instructor at the Academy, score 1 for the good guys.

2. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting

3. Amateurknight

Amateurknight

Nov 8, 2004
    Philippines
  4. Yup I saw the footage in CNN yesterday and that was a very nice shot. Sana ganun din yung mga pulis dyan sa atin, naalala ko tuloy yung hostage situation dun sa bus terminal sa Pasay. Laglag na yung hostage taker niratrat pa kaya pati yung hostage na bata ay parang pegboard. ;g :soap:

5. This might sound offensive to some , but I remember there was a Filipino expat working in a neighboring Asian country (I'll not say which) who told me that the WORST shot to take against a bad guy there was a headshot, because people there have very tiny brains so the overwhelming chance was that the bullet would go right through the head and not hit the brain. Well, Pinoy humor I guess. He also said that was why so many attempted suicides there failed, couldn't hit the brain.

6. julianz

julianz toxic master

Sep 24, 2003
    sand castle
    thats a good one , try the natives here were iam working lusaw na mga utak sa tea at sa kauumpug ng ulo sa sahig;f

7. krinkov

krinkov Shutter Maniac

Dec 8, 2003
    In-country
    i remember during an IDPA shoot where it was mandatory to take a head shot. it was doable but it was so tiring considering the stress on the shooter's part. kahit na board lang e ang hirap gawin if you're looking to take that kind of a shot.

8. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    You are right krinkov, head shots are part of the IDPA classifier, ala mozambique drill.