close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

He asked if my concealed was loaded. stupid cop...civil rights suit pending

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by bucksnort1959, Dec 2, 2012.

1. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    As a slight clarification on the minor derailment of this thread in regards to the colors of a yield sign.

The ONLY difference between a yellow yield sign and a red and white yield sign is age.

In 1974 the manual on uniform traffic control devices changed the color of the yield sign from yellow to white with red letters and a broad red boarder.

They BOTH mean exactly the same thing.

2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Does your attorney know (and sanction) you discussing the case here like this?

And what state are you in that allows drinking while CCWing?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012

3. jbailey8

jbailey8

Dec 16, 2007
    Roanoke, VA
    I'm curious about the outcome of the criminal charges(DUI, Possession of a firearm while intoxicated)? Were you found guilty? Innocent? Not charged?

I only ask because I've heard of a few people that were trying to file suits for wrong doing, but they couldn't find a lawyer that would represent them because they were found guilty of the criminal charges. If your criminal charges were thrown out of court then maybe the judge determined that the "evidence" you submitted was enough to cast some blame on the police. Idk?

4. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

Apr 16, 2012
    My thoughts exactly. Nothing to be gained and everything to lose.

5. dpadams6

dpadams6

Jan 5, 2010
    Sounds like both. Internal inv. First And now civil suit/litig. The VAST MAJORITY of people go thru life and are never involved in such incidents. He being involved in two makes me want to know more of the facts on both sides. However, i'd feel pretty comfortable if I was a betting man.

6. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    He the cop, was a a red light and traffic going North bound into the ramp was even making a left turn with green arrow light in from of him, I was turning into the South bound street in a wide intersection, he was at the red light a good 50 yards away.

7. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Okay, I'm confused. It was at a controlled intersection, yet you were turning through a Yield sign. Is that right?

8. RJ's Guns

RJ's Guns

Dec 25, 2010
    I cannot imagine an attorney going forward with, what in my opinion is a frivolous and asinine claim, and definitely not on a contingency basis. I have reason to suspect that if, and that is a big if, an attorney is giving him this line of BS, the attorney is charging by the hour for the criminal matter and using this BS as a means to charge more so as to “preserve and develop” the potential civil litigation.

I do not know if the jurisdiction where the matter occurred is one where the loser pays the prevailing party’s litigation costs and attorney’s fees, but a reasonable person should be concerned about Rule 11 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. Rule 11 and similar state rules require that an attorney perform a due diligence investigation concerning the factual basis for any claim or defense. Because such a defense or claim wastes the court's and the other parties' time, resources and legal fees, sanctions may be imposed by a court upon the party or the lawyer who presents the frivolous defense or claim. The law firm may also be sanctioned, or even held in contempt.

I am disgusted and embarrassed by anyone in the legal profession that encourages, in any way whatsoever, this kind of action.

RJ

9. ranger1968

ranger1968

Mar 23, 2009
    I'm not seeing the "civil rights violation".......:upeyes:

I AM seeing a lot of ignorance of the law really is, and a lot of chest beating "I'll show those guys, I got me a lawyer" bluster.....:rofl:

I am betting that either (A) the city/county will take this all the way, and the OP will lose, or (B) the city/county's insurance carrier will give him and his lawyer $3,000 to go away, so they can save their own attorney's fees in defending it....and that's not a win, that just means it wasn't worth their time to defend it, so they will throw a little money at the nusiance to make it go away.:whistling:

10. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    Yes, a right turn off the ramp, into the street.

11. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.. as I got nothing out of the original post that even remotely suggested his rights were violated.

12. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    So the lights controlled the intersection, but not the right turn lane?

Was there a merge lane from the ramp onto the street into street traffic?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  13. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Note my word "perceived."

14. Wishoot

Wishoot

Aug 13, 2010
    Milwaukee
    Go figure. Someone getting upset about being pulled over for a moving violation.

Drinking.
    Loaded gun.
    Moving violation.

Hope the OP has a ton of money to spend on lawyers. I don't think he's going to see dollar one if this ever goes to trial.

15. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    attoneys love these kind of cases....they milk they complainant so they can make their boat payment then plea them out......

16. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Dec 29, 2011
    With so many threads these days about alleged inept/corrupt cops, possibly GT could start a new sub-forum. They could call it Citizens On Patrol, COPS! HAHAHAAHAH

Did you go to the station house to file a complaint? Did they offer a Hurt Feelings Report for you to complete?

I am still waiting to hear of the black marks previously posted about concerning the earlier po-lice interaction.

17. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
  18. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Now that there is down right :animlol:

19. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    keep waiting bro, there wont be any definitive evidence of what he has said....no way to verify current or past "cases".