close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

He asked if my concealed was loaded. stupid cop...civil rights suit pending

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by bucksnort1959, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Henry's Dad

Henry's Dad woof, woof

Without passing any judgment on the underlying merits of the case, I just pray that this makes it to the US Supreme Court, if only so that I can hear Chief Justice Roberts announce the following from the bench:

"This morning we will hear argument in Bucksnort v. Wisconsin."

:rofl:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  2. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

Oct 4, 2009
    The Twilight Zone
    The problem with the bold section is, he has been asked by numerous members for additional information so they can offer advice. He has ignored those repeated requests, provided vague information or responded with snarky comments that do not help his case that he is the innocent victim of a police conspiracy.

If the events happened, then the OP has no one to blame but himself. He drank alcohol, carried a firearm and got behind the wheel of his car.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012

3. Jgriggs

Jgriggs

Oct 20, 2012
    Washington State
    Don't be sorry. There is no apology necessary.
    To answer your questions.
    No, it wouldn't be better for a drunk driver to be speeding around town with an unloaded gun and it's magazine sitting on the seat next to him. Honestly, I can't believe you had to ask that question. You are focusing on the gun, the point is the DUI and the cop's reaction to seeing the gun - unloaded or not.

Do I think the 2 seconds it would take to load the weapon would make a difference? I don't know what you're talking about. I never said anything about that, but since you brought it up, why did you feel the need to have one in the pipe as it were? Were you worried that the 2 seconds it would take to load the firearm would be too much time, now I'm curious.

Question number 1, which it seems is really question number 3. No I have never operated a motor vehicle within 4 hours of consuming a drink. I know you won't believe me because you need to feel like you did nothing wrong, I mean everyone does it, right? Well no, not me. I have a CDL, a DUI mean my license is suspended on the first offense, and I lose my job. More than that, I lose my profession because no one will hire me for years and years. At that point I will probably need to go to truck driving school again to gain recent experience. So no sir, not ever. It is not worth my house and cars to have a beer.

Q2 or is it 4. Hold steady aim?? WTF.
    Again with the gun. What difference does it make if I can hold my aim after a beer? the point is that you see nothing wrong with drinking and driving or drinking and shooting. I stand by my statement, and you have said nothing that does anything other than reenforce my opinion, You will not see there is a lesson to be learned, but will instead blame everyone around you.

Have a beer on me. . .what could it hurt.

4. bucksnort1959

bucksnort1959

Apr 29, 2008
    Thanks for your honesty on the question on whether you've ever taken a drink and then drove

5. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL

The last few pages and that's it?? :dunno:

6. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

Oct 4, 2009
    The Twilight Zone
    Yes, that's the way TROLLS are, they pick and choose who they want to respond to.

7. Jgriggs

Jgriggs

Oct 20, 2012
    Washington State

You're welcome.

For the record, with a CDL the limit is .04 and bottle to throttle is 8 hours. There is only one "side" to my license, not a commercial "side" and a car "side." Therefore the same rules apply no matter what I'm driving. Some may argue that and LEO might cut me a break based on the vehicle, but the technicality is that with this lic. it's .04/8hrs. Believe what you want, but that's why I never do it.

8. Cream Soda Kid

Cream Soda Kid

Jul 16, 2010
    Colorado
    Yep. I agree wholeheartedly.

9. It is amazing how certain people lump all cops into the same category. If they had a bad experience with one then all cops are bad and they are out to abuse your civil rights.

Image if the cops use the same logic on the general population. Wow, everyone must smoke crack, this guy was a a-hole on a traffic stop so everyone is a a-hole, the last guy I stopped fought me so let me just club this guy like a baby seal because he has to be like everyone else. Good thing most cops don't think like that.

It is starting to get to where being a cop is not even worth it, everyone seems to be out against you.

I got it, lets just fire every cop in the country, I am sure no it will be all sunshine and rainbows for everybody.

Adam

10. A lot of leo bunch people in as the "enemy". It is sad but true. Then we have people who truly have never been involved in a false arrest and know nothing about the system. What irks me is when people have done something..ie an incident and then get beaten and money but the people who are truly falsely arrested..ie no incident but lies by police and others don't get a darned dollar. See,s a little out of whack to me. Sometime I will tell you a true story of a man that was arrested five times and didn't do a darned thing and when he finally threatened to shoot them the charges were all dropped. :faint:I personally treat everyone as individuals but we could in realty say that all people were bad and be correct. :whistling:

11. bucksnort1959

bucksnort1959

Apr 29, 2008
    wow, now the names.
    I shall call you sailor boy.
    SB
    Interpret the jury instructions as if they were given to you to judge.
    Have you ever had a beer and then operated?
    It seems to have gotten real quiet when these questions are asked.
    Lots of circular arguments that get boring.

12. Jgriggs

Jgriggs

Oct 20, 2012
    Washington State
    I suspect it has gotten real quiet in here because after ten pages most have gotten bored and moved on.

I have a question for you.
    Is it legal in your state to carry while you're drinking?
    Is it legal to carry in an establishment or an area whose primary business is to serve alcohol?

If not, then your 'who hasn't had a few drinks and sped all around town with a weapon' argument is moot.

13. If he is born in 1959 he is around 53-54 and less likely to be a weed hound but nothing would surprise me. If he had a jury trial with a good attorney it would cost him at least 5k in most areas or more. If he had a jury trial the state would have thought it was a strong case or they would have nolle the case. I don't drink and drive because I don't drink but I co carry the personal protector. :cool:

14. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

Oct 4, 2009
    The Twilight Zone
    Thanks for proving my point about trolling.

15. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Why is this so damn important? Why does everyone have to give their interpretation?

The interpretation/application to your case cannot be made without the rest of the story, the testimony by the officers on scene, the technician who drew the blood, the officers or deputies who processed you, the bartender where you had your "one beer."

What other instructions were given to jurors?

First, however, answer this. Were you put on trial for the alcohol charge?
    The quiet is your fault. There are many, many questions put to you that you refuse to answer. We're "quietly" awaiting those answers.
    No, not circular arguments, just the same questions we asked earlier being repeated.

16. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

Nov 7, 2001
    USA
    Minimum age should be 25yo for a cop because it's a job that requires maturity IMO.

The young guys 18 to 24yo are encouraged to join the military for the life experience.

17. bucksnort1959

bucksnort1959

Apr 29, 2008
    Yes and yes

18. bucksnort1959

bucksnort1959

Apr 29, 2008
    Interpret it so we have a basis for having one beer makes one "intoxicated" per some posters.
    Good that some don't drink or can't handle booze.
    I commend them for being completely sober.

I answered the questions to the extent that others have advised is enough. Even some of you questions were answered but you might have missed them.
    As the wannabe cop was spouting the wrong laws it's just amazing peeps want to give their opinion of guilt or innocence but won't opinion a jury instruction, not mine in particular, but in general. Not really hard to do.
    And it's not too hard to say you've operated and drank ma beer is it?

19. People who don't drink do ti for a reason. Most people either want sex or to fight when drinking. If you swerved on the dashcam they would have reasonable suspicion that you were drinking. Most jury instructions are standard and then changed a bit for each case. But it has been my ecperience that a government will spend 100k on lawyers before they pay you one dollar. If you can't prove you are 100 percent right you will lose the civil rights case on a 1983 1985 case. I think that is why people are curious about this thread. In some ways you have done like a woman..dancing around teasing everyone. :rofl:

20. The military likes young guns because they take orders and don't question authority..as we get older we question authority and "WHY". :whistling: