close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

hd and carry ammo

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by mc24, Mar 27, 2011.

1. mc24

mc24

Jan 30, 2011
    hey mas,
    just got a g26 for ccw and a g19 for home defense. what ammo would you recommend getting to use in these guns for carry and home defense use. thanks for your help.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    There's lots of excellent ammo available today for the 9X19 cartridge. Personally, for what it's worth, my Glock 9mms are generally loaded with Winchester Ranger-T 127 grain +P+ jacketed hollow points.

best,
    Mas

3. mc24

mc24

Jan 30, 2011
    Mas,
    What is your thoughts on the Winchester PDX 1 in 9mm ammo for home defense and carry. Thanks again.

4. Mas Ayoob

Nov 6, 2005
    Looks great in testing, but I for one haven't run across any actual shootings with it in 9mm. Just heard of a case in the midwest with .38 Spl PDX out of a 2", FWIW, and it seems to have worked fine.

Sorry I couldn't be more help,
    Mas

5. mc24

mc24

Jan 30, 2011
    Mas,
    One more question. What are your thoughts on the Hornady Critaical Defense ammo. And thanks again for all your help.

6. Mas Ayoob

Nov 6, 2005
    Another promising round for which I haven't personally run across any actual street results yet.
    best,
    Mas