close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Have you recieved your Glock from GSSF recently?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Greg-Dawg®, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Greg-Dawg®

Greg-Dawg® GLOCK 35 baby!

Since I can't email GSSF about the status of my Glock order...but GSSF took out a nice chunk of bills from my checking account on September 5th.

Wondering who here had the pleasure of getting theirs?

And how long did it take?

Can you tell how anxious I am?

Thanks.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

One of our GSSF members posted here that he received his Glock in two weeks to the day. Lead time depends on the model selected.

3. Greg-Dawg®

That's good to hear. I ordered the G35 with the works...and in OD green. So I'm just hoping it won't take too long because of the OD order.

4. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

I've turned in two certificates for model 17's vanilla in options since around the 4th of July....I understand that 8-10 weeks might be the length of time before you receive them.:supergrin:

5. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Festus, I believe Greg-Dawg was referring to the new program of selling Glocks to GSSF members outright. That program just started in August.

You are referring to the GSSF match prize certificates, which is a similar, but different program.

Both programs call for an 8-week delivery period.

6. Ranger54

Ranger54

I was very close to 8 weeks for a Green G23 from the time I sent back the certificate.

7. Greg-Dawg®

Thanks for explaing that Norske. I was like "huh?"

Yes, I meant the special priced Glocks for GSSF members this past month.

8. Chuk

Chuk

I sent my paper work in for a G-30 last Friday. Cant wait to get it!

9. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Thanks for clarification and the update.....:supergrin:

10. rumpletzer

rumpletzer

I put my order for a G17 with Trijicon night sights on August 15. My credit card was billed on September 1.

I was hoping that meant that the gun was on its way... nothing yet.

11. Greg-Dawg®

If they already billed you, shouldn't the 8 weeks start?

I'm really concerned for it not arriving on time for my GSSF match on the first week of November.

12. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

But it will be there in plenty of time. By the way what categories are you going to be shooting your new G35 in? That is a sweat shooting machine, I have had mine about 4 years.

13. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The only two categories possible are Amateur Competition and Unlimited.

14. Greg-Dawg®

Glad to hear another G35 buddy! I signed up for the Amateur Competition (what DannyR mentioned). Looking forward to it. Hopefully, I have my Glock til then or else I'll get it waived and try for next year.

15. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Glock's minimum production run is 500 guns. They try to keep minimal inventories on hand and try to "manufacture to order".

Therefore the batches of the various models are set up and produced depending on what the various order backlogs look like for each individual model.

Therefore how fast you receive a particular gun mostly depends on which one you order.

If you order one of the more popular models like a G-17 or G-22 where they are running production batches fairly constantly you probably get it almost immediately.

If you order something more exotic, like a G-32C, you MIGHT luck out and they will have one in stock from the last production run that can also be sent out almost immediately.

However, if it is out of stock you have to wait until Glock Austria has enough orders in hand for that model to justify another production run for it.

In which case you might be looking at the full 8-week delivery period.

There is no real way to tell. Glock Austria keeps their own counsel as to what, how many, and when they are going to produce any particular model.

:)

16. ackvil

ackvil CLM

I placed my order and my credit card was charged on 9/1. My G23 arrive at the FFL on 9/14 and I picked it up today! Good service as far as I am concerned.
    :banana: :banana:

17. glockwerkes

glockwerkes

Both mine and a buddy's card were charged on 9/1. Mine arrived at the FFL seven days later. His is still not in yet. He got a black G17 and mine was a OD G17. Guess they are out of black frames.

Based on the serial number project thread, it puts production between May and July 2006:

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=412093#post4622219

The interesting part is the test fire date was 9-5-06. I guess this supports that the frame was already on hand at the plant.

You will also get an invoice from Glock in the mail stating the amount, serial #, and shipping info. If you get the letter but no call from the FFL, something is up.

My buddy is chomping at the bit as well, but the "up to 8 weeks" is nowhere close to being up.

18. Panhandle Bill

Panhandle Bill Senior Member

I understand the "chomping at the bits". I have a G26 ordered. I ordered it on 8/17. My card hasn't been charged yet so I guess that means it is one of the ones that has to wait until enough is ordered. I am 1/2 into the 8 weeks

I was hoping to get it and be able to shoot sub-compact in Lubbock but that might not happen. Oh well, it will be nice when it gets here.

Bill

19. Rhandhali

Rhandhali

I ordered a black frame 17 that got here today. Well, technically it got here Thursday since my FFL didn't call me and I only knew it was in when I got my receipt from GLOCK. My check was cashed about a week before.

20. Panhandle Bill

Panhandle Bill Senior Member

Well so much for my order and thinking I was half way thru the waiting period.
    I found out that Scott does not have my order. After waiting for about 5 weeks and not having my account charged I emailed Scott and he could not find my order. Very disapointing news after thinking I was into the downhill side of getting my G26.
    Yes I know, I should have sent it overnight, registered, or something but I didn't. Not blaming anyone but myself. I will say in my defense that this is the first piece of my mail, that I know of, that has not been delivered.
    The bad part is that somewhere out there in lala land my order form with credit card information is floating around.
    Oh well, live and learn, but it might be a word of advice to someone else.
    Good luck everyone!!!

Bill