Have to say goodbye to the first gun I ever bought. Need advice.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by LiebeGlock, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Tango 1Zero

Millennium Member

Go to a gun shop and look at these pistols side by side. These new pocket pistols are tiny compared to a glock 26. They make the Glock 26/27 look like a full size Glock 17.
    Sub compacts is one thing but the pocket 9MM are a whole new breed to consider.
    I was trying to find something for summer carry under a T shirt in 95 degree weather.
    Rugers and Sigs are hard to beat. The Nano is still pretty big compared to others.
    The G26 side by side on a M&P Sheild are really close. The sheild has a longer grip for the single stack mag. To me thats going to stick out more than the G26.
    It doesnt cost anything to kick the tires at the gun shop.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #41 Tango 1Zero, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  2. It all depends on costs and what you want to spend. the little Smith Bodyguard is nice as well as the little 642 but the lightweight guns are normally carry a lot shoot a little type of firearm.

3. xj6in

I'm sure I will have to go run for cover after this... but take a look at the Taurus 709slim... I have one of these w/Stainless slide and it has been completely flawless for less then 700+rnds, and it eats every brand and weight bullet I have put in it...

Taking cover now :whistling:

4. I will look into this, I have the Taurus PT738 and I really like it.

5. God you just have to love this board.

Person says that she wants it good from the factory. So then you've got posters saying Kahr pm9 cm9 blah blah blah.

Kahr have to be one of the most "repaired" pistols after keltec. Even Kahr says they "need to be broken in". Not exactly a superstar out of the box.

What a boatload of crap advice. Kahrs are really best for gun aficionados and people willing to do the tinkering they may need.

I wouldn't suggest a Kahr to an enemy. But I guess that's because I've seen about 10 of them fail.

Unreal.

#45 RYT 2BER, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  6. The exact deal is that it doesn't meet the minimum number of import points the BATFE requires for it to be imported, largely because of the caliber.

The Glock 26 barely makes it in with the minimum 75 points.

Why would LEOs here have them? Same size as the 9mm models, probably more felt recoil due to being blow back, and more expensive ammo. Glock makes them for sale in countries where civilians can't have calibers used by police or military.

#46 HexHead, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  7. I shot the Beretta Nano yesterday, was really nice. As long as your wrist is locked and you don't limp wrist it.

8. LiebeGlock,
    LOLz
    I was just about to suggest the Nano!

I see you're in MI. Did you go to the bug match at 'Coon Hunters in Romulous? I shot another SO's Nano at the bug match and found it to be a really sweet shooter that pointed really well for me. Zeroed the "door" stage without using the sights. He paid under $500 for his, and there are 8 round mags available.

Joe

9. Ha!!! LOL!!! Well, let me ask you something first, How did you like Wheat and Rye?

How ironic you found me on here!!!! What are the odds? It's a small world!!!!:wavey:

10. I say see if the factory fixes it, if not, I'd try the Bodyguard or the LCP personally. Maybe we'll try a PPS as well :)

11. MAC702

MAC702 Senior Member

Because they can.

I knew about the import points. I was actually wondering what the list was that determined them. Everyone left that out. One of these days, I'll be motivated to look for it. I thought someone might have it handy. No worries.

12. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Get a Glock 26 in 9mm. :)

13. The Smith and Wesson Bodyguard always gets good reviews and is very similar in size to your keltec.

14. Hmmm.... a G26 in 9mm... There we go.. all my problems are solved! :supergrin:

15. MAC702

MAC702 Senior Member

That is fascinating. Quite sad, indeed, but still fascinating. I hadn't expected quite that detailed of a breakdown!

Looks like the .380 models lose 5 and 12 points from being blow-back instead of recoil-operated and .380 instead of 9mm, respectively.

Interesting what can give you points, too. Put a "target trigger" on it and some click-adjustable sights, and you're on your way up again!