Glock Talk banner

Have to say goodbye to the first gun I ever bought. Need advice.

9K views 55 replies 37 participants last post by  MAC702 
#1 · (Edited)
So, a year ago I decided to buy my first gun, a Kel Tec .380. I loved it. But shortly after I got that gun, my boyfriend got me a Glock26. (I loved it so much that I actually ended up marrying him.)

So, I carry the .380 most days, but I carry the 26 whenever I can! Today we went to the range with our .380's because we have a back up gun match to shoot in Saturday and wanted to make sure we were up on our game since we usually shoot our 9's for IDPA matches.

I was sad to see that my Kel Tec sucks now. I've always defended them as you can see from my previous posts. It malfunctioned, had failure to ejects, was really just a big mess. My husband's Taurus worked out pretty well. But I couldn't help staring at my little Kel Tec like it was a boyfriend that I just found out was cheating on me.

So, any thoughts on a good conceal carry gun for a small chick? I want a 9mm or a .380, with a small grip, I want the slide to be able to lock to the rear, I want it pretty much perfect from the factory... (I don't want to have to do too many mods to it.) The rest is negotiable. Price can vary since this is the gun that I will be staking my life upon.

:crying:If only the US would allow Glock .380's then I wouldn't be having this issue!:crying:

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
This.

Or, if you want to save some money, the Kahr CM9 or CW9. Not as pretty but work just as well. Contrary to Internet image, Kahr makes a high quality, generally reliable product - more so than Glock right now. Definitely a step up from KT.

EDIT: Kahr pistols have a stiff recoil spring. You mention being small. Make sure you can rack the slide before buying.

#8 ·
If the Kel Tec worked fine before maybe something is broken/out of spec and if so maybe Kel Tec might repair it. Some people said they have had good results with the Ruger LCP or the Smith Bodyguard. Everyone I have talked with who has one seems to like the Rohrbaugh but it is step up price wise.

#13 ·
I find this hard to believe considering the Glock 28 is THE EXACT SAME size as the G26/27.:faint:
But it does operate on blowback instead of recoil-operation, and maybe this is the reason both it and the Glock 25 can't be imported unless for LEOs.

But then you'd think you'd find a couple ex-LEOs selling theirs.

I've always wondered what the exact deal is.

#14 · (Edited)
I would suggest a s&w shield 9 but if thats too big, my favorite .380 is the sig p238. My shield was a smidge larger than my ruger lc 9 but fits fine in my pocket, way more accurate and higher quality. My good friend carries a sig p238 and have shot it against a Kahr. .380 and a body guard. That little pocket pistol is amazing. Its definitely on my will own list.

#19 ·
Take a look at the Colt Mustang. Great little .380s. My Wife has one of the original Mustang Plus II models and, at least for her, it's plenty accurate, reliable, and easy to shoot.

#21 ·
...:crying:If only the US would allow Glock .380's then I wouldn't be having this issue!:crying:
The .380 Glocks are the same size as the G26.
So there is no reason to buy one unless you have a caliber restriction!
Did you look at the Shield or Walther PPS.

Keltec will fix it for free, lifetime warranty
She properly does not want this one anymore.
Once disappointed like a cheat, no more trust!

#25 ·
I'm horribly confused as to what help we can be, OP.

You already own a G26, which is a great back-up/deep-concealment pistol. Is there a reason why you don't just roll with it? Does it not suit your needs for some reason?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.