close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Have idot pros wondering if three dot will be better

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Swipter, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Swipter

Swipter

Jan 5, 2013
    I finally got to shoot with the new Ameriglo Idot pro sights for my Glock 19. I am on track as far as up and down but still shooting to the left, slightly. Also, my shooting is blurry at distance (focusing on the front sight). I still shoot to the left when focusing on the target. I am shooting with both eyes open.

What I am wondering is if 3 dot sights will help with this. I move the rear over 1/16 to the right to compensate. I also researched trigger pull, sight alignment, and how to hold the gun. No change at the range.

What do you all think about?

Thanks

2. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

Sep 4, 2004
    Suriname
    You stated that you shoot to the left whether you use a front sight focus or a target focus.

That tells you that your shooting to the left is primarily not a sight picture related problem.

Besides, there's is a real likelihood that the two extra dots on the rear sight will only pull your focus back towards you even more, further compounding your inaccuracies.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013

3. Swipter

Swipter

Jan 5, 2013
    When i really concentrated I shot a 5 shot 1/2 inch group 1 inch away from the center (to the left). i believe i am squeezing the grip with my pinky and ring finger and not applying enough pressure with my support hand (the 60/40 concept) to offset it, maybe squeeaing the grip too much with my strong hand. I am also preloading the trigger with every shot and bringing it back to the point just before the gun shoots. I believe this may be bad and also adding to my to the left shooting. I have adjusted my trigger finger and ruled that out.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  4. Quick test. Shoot southpaw. See if groups go outside in the opposite direction. I too think it is trigger issue. I prefer my I-dot Pro sights to three dot sights. ymmv. Be safe

5. Swipter

Swipter

Jan 5, 2013