close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Have Gun. Will Travel.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by RimShot, Apr 30, 2013.

1. RimShot

RimShot Meat Puppet

Mar 2, 2013
    D.I.T.H.OT.
    Greetingz!
    Finally picked-up a New-in-Box handgun for myself (wanted a never-before-fired one for *years*).

Went for a G17, and picked-up a G20 two months later (both Gen3).

Found this site thanks to a co-worker whilst investigating some issues I've noticed about the G20.

Mainly, that the OEM Guide Rod jumps down a knotch *every* time.
    The after-market LaserMax guide-rod I picked-up is doing it, too.

On a side note; I cannot believe this username wasn't already taken!

Quote of the day
    Computers are like firearms; they can be used for good or evil and too many idiots have one.

2. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill

3. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Apr 2, 2012
    USA
  4. LarryE

LarryE

Apr 15, 2013
    Welcome, Pardner. Never-before-fired? The factory shoots two rounds and sends one of the shells with the gun. But I know what you mean, I've shot wheel guns for the first 30+ years, then a Ruger semiauto for 10-12, and got my first Glock last month (G23 gen 4). Smooooth. Maybe I've been missing something...

5. LarryE

LarryE

Apr 15, 2013
    By the way, I'm deep in the heart of Texas too.

6. RimShot

RimShot Meat Puppet

Mar 2, 2013
    D.I.T.H.OT.
    Shhh, it's not an "in" joke if you spell it out :p

7. RimShot

RimShot Meat Puppet

Mar 2, 2013
    D.I.T.H.OT.
    Yes, yes. Maybe NBFATT (Never-Been-Fired-A-Third-Time) would be more accurate, but I like acronyms that spell things (NIB).

As for wheel-guns, I'd like to look at a few, but I would really like a break-action revolver.

Something I could tweak and have it *throw* the casings out if it flung-open.
    (Apparently this is quite hard to find....go figure)

8. LarryE

LarryE

Apr 15, 2013
    My revolvers all have hinges on the wheels to fall out to the side, with center rod to eject the shells. That beats having to grab a hot barrel; maybe that's why the break-opens are scarce. I've got reloaders and bianchi strips and I can reload a pistol in 3 seconds, but my new glock 23 has a better idea--13 rounds and a fast mag drop to cram another in with 13 more in 2 seconds or less. It's just better.