close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Have anyone seen the movie Supercross?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by fnfalman, Mar 10, 2006.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    http://www.supercrossmovie.com/

I watched it on DVD last night. Not too bad of a flick and decidedly much better than Biker Boyz and Torque. My only complaint is that they got the two fine babes that didn't get to show enough flesh.

2. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

Mar 1, 2003
    AZ
    The sound dubbing bothered me. The immature brother character was riding a 4-stroke the whole time, with 2-stroke sound dubbed in.

Plus, the part where the girlfriend whips off a backflip was pretty hokey.

However, I support the accuracy of the film, as it portrayed supercross riders as having the intelligence of pool cleaners.;)

3. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    That drives my brother up the wall when they do this in movies (he being a motorcycle mechanic and all). They always seem to go for whatevr style of engine it isn't. If it's a 2-stroke, they dub in 4-stroke sounds (the REALLY bad ones put Harley sounds in for EVERYTHING. I have even seen one with a quad that sounded like a Harley, ;g ) or if it is a 4-stroke, they make it sound like a 2-stroke.

It sould be nice if they would actually put 2 seconds worth of thought into it. Or how about this? USE THE EXACT FRIGGIN BIKE FOR ITS SOUNDS!. I mean they have it, it runs, just wheel it into the sound room or whatever and do some recording.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US