close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hatsan break barrel airguns

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by New_comer, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Of the many airgun models paraded during this last gunshow, my attention got stuck on several Turkish-made break-barrel 0.177 cal airguns from Hahn, with polymer stocks in plain black, camo and faux wood. I am more inclined to own this type instead of CO2 or compressed air since self priming guns are ready to use anytime.

Any comments from Hatsan airgun owners here on its performance and durability would be greatly appreciated... ;) Tamang tama ito as a Christmas gift to my son. :hearts:

Here's the big boy of their lineup at 1250fps:
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking of getting the model 70 instead
    [​IMG]
    Model Caliber Max. Muzzle Vel. (*) Stock Length Barrel
    Length Weight Fiber Optic Sights Diameters (optional)
    Rear Sight Front Sight
    Mod70 4.5 mm (.177 cal) 300 m/s (1000 fps) Advanced
    Polymer 1140 mm (45") 450 mm (17.7") 3100 grams
    (6.8 lbs) 0.9 mm (.035") green 1.5 mm (.060") red

2. 3kings

3kings SalingPusa

Jan 4, 2005
    Makati
    got a hatsan 85x at the gunshow (plus a caiman at filarms). the one with the scope at boasts of 1000fps.

easy to zero. had zeroed it at 15-20yards with close to half an inch in grouping. i suggest you get the one with the scope.

the only tradeoff is breaking the barrel especially if its new. after shooting around 50 shots my arms got sore ;) but what the heck, i enjoyed every minute of it.

went to armscor yesterday and played with the airgun (also the pistol, shotgun, rifle)
    [​IMG]

hope this helps.

3. Thanks! :thumbsup:

I did not see that model there you're shooting. Only the 33 and 70 were there. Perhaps Hahn will restock with some 85's at the next gunshow. ;)

I was also looking at PBD's Slavia line and Crossman break-barrel lineup, but nameplate speed failed to impress at 600fps. The Hatsans got me excited. Had I known they're rated >1000fps, I would have brought home one, or two already - the second being the pistol version. ;)

4. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Jan 28, 2003
    Philippines
    How much do those Hatsan air rifles cost? Are they also available at Hahn?

I didn't notice them when I went to the gun show. If they're available at Hahn, maybe I'll check them out the next time I go to SM Baguio.

5. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

Aug 11, 2004
    Pugad Baboy
    Being Hatsan as the available there, how much would that cost?

I'd like to compare it to the GAMO and WEBLEY 1,000fps available here, available in polymer, and stained wood stocks.

6. Between 5-10 th depending on model.

The pistol is almost 4th

Medyo may kamahalan din.

7. Does anybody know what's the fps of the Hatsan pistol? (Breakbarrel also, right? ).

The price of P4K is reasonable if it's matibay and if the fps is good enough to kill/seriously wound rats/snakes/pigeons/miscellaneous little pests that leave droppings .

Googled it - ah, it's only 380 fps. Well, it's just a pistol. Hmmm...not so exciting.

http://hatsan.com.tr/mod_20.asp

And then the Hatsan Model 125 (see website below) boasts 1,250 fps. Hmmm...almost twoce the velocity of a .38 special out of a snubbie. There are special aerodynamic .177 pellets - not the usual type, the ones really shaped like bullets, with bodies (except the nose) made out of teflon for max speed thru the barrel - anyway, those aerodynamic teflon .177 pellets do not slow down as much as the standard pellets after they leave the barrel, and they can penetrate skin.

http://hatsan.com.tr/mod_125.asp

8. 3kings

3kings SalingPusa

Jan 4, 2005
    Makati
    got mine at 9.3k (gun show price) it includes the scope and suppressor. no gunbag and pellets. have to get them separately

here is the link http://hatsan.com.tr/mod_85x.asp
    fyi

9. There are two models with break levers under the barrels, maybe to preserve zero aim. Mod 100 and 105 IIRC, but command the premium prices at almost 10K

10. New-comer, those under-the-barrel-lever models are for sale locally at Hahn?

11. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

Aug 11, 2004
    Pugad Baboy
    those are cheap, way cheap compared to this Made in Spain GAMO and WEBLEY.

12. And ridiculously cheaper than Feinwerkbaus. My FW 127 cost P17K in 1982.

I'll probably get the 380 fps pistol for 4K and setup a big close-range target inside my office, behind the door. Stress reliever. Will also at least discourage neighborhood cats and rodents and pigeons from crapping on my lawn, even if the pellet bounces off them or just lands nearby.

13. Yup. Mahal lang nga. Up to 10K

14. Forgive me for not squealing for joy on this find, kasi yung katok plastic nung stock, nakaka-turn-off eh. Tama si ante, pang-stress relief lang.

I'd be more enthused had PBD brought back those Weirauch break-barrel airguns they had on sale about 4-5 years ago. Wala pang 10k nuon yung mod 35 ata, but what most impressed me then were that the products oozed with German engineering and quality. Natural wood talaga yung stock. Yun ang tunay na sale. :thumbsup:

15. Baka mahimatay secretary mo sa bawat kalampag ng pellets against your door. ;)

My son told me that his classmate has one, and it has a serious punch into it. That's why I'm also interested in the pistol version. :supergrin:

16. maskytrading

maskytrading

Dec 20, 2006
    Philippines
    I have a Hatsan .22 cal air rifle from PBDionisio. I bought an Amandini holster for around 6K last year from same store but unfortunately did not fit my pistol (or vice versa); I did not want any modifications done on either so I brought it back for a refund...while waiting I saw this air rifle with about the same price and decided that I will just take it instead...Quite good for plinking, very accurate up to 10 meters with small fixed scope...for varmint/bird hunting; power is sufficient up to around 30 meters max imo.

17. Called Hahn Park Square. The 380 fps pistol costs P3,692. Oh hell, cheap enough for a stress-reliever/varmint chaser. Mas mahal pa a bottle of imported tranquilizers.

18. please excuse my ignorance sir... what is a break barrel airgun? how is it different from the regular co2 or compressed air airguns? thanks.

19. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    [​IMG]

From Crossman website.
    Break barrel air rifles are fast, convenient, and self contained. They get their name from the single cocking stroke that is needed to get them ready to shoot. You pull the muzzle down and back ("breaking" the barrel) until a spring and piston latch into place. Load a pellet into the breech, return the barrel to its original position, and you're done. It's simple, quick and elegant

20. wow. that's something new (at least for me). so the pellets are propelled by just the spring action? is the trajectory comparable to the air propelled air guns? what are its advantages and disadvantages of break barrel airguns?

sorry for the numerous questions. if im already thread jacking, pls let me know and i shall crate a different thread. sorry to the thread starter and thanks in advance for the responses.