close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Has Youtube Helped You With You Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TSAX, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Southpaw69

Southpaw69
    Expand Collapse

Youtube helped me learn to detail strip my 19. No modifications though...certainly nothing that involves a dremel.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. UtahBassKicker

UtahBassKicker
    Expand Collapse

I found out about Decal Grips through YouTube. I shot my 23 for the first time today with them on and really like them.

3. ninjag19

ninjag19
    Expand Collapse

I have found the various utube videos very helpfull regarding the Glock info and other firearms as well. Obviously you shouldn't go overboard with everything that you see, but I learned a lot regarding disassembly, mods., and other recomendations and am grateful that such a source of information exists!

4. gunslinger3

gunslinger3
    Expand Collapse
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I have Glocks because of youtube and Hickok45!!!

5. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Hickok45 has been helpful explaining different firearms. It just happened that through research I bought a Glock 19 Gen4, loved it and bought a G27 next.

Youtube wise I learned how detail strip the slide and change the mag release.

6. porschedog

porschedog
    Expand Collapse

YouTube has been very helpful/educational
    And fun to watch, too

7. TSAX

TSAX
    Expand Collapse
    USAF Vet

Yep, youtube wasn't around when I started Glocking also. I have learned a few tricks from youtube like how to install the APEX kit in an M&P.

:50cal:

8. mglindo

mglindo
    Expand Collapse

I had to go to YouTube to find out how to replace the magazine plate with the Pearce magazine +0 extension for a better grip on my G36.

9. Paul53

Paul53
    Expand Collapse
    Geezer Boomer

Lots of good help from Youtube. One bad experience with installing a rear sight. Followed instructions for sizing, end up with a glow in the dark mini paperweight.

10. BicycleDay43

BicycleDay43
    Expand Collapse
    00 Buck dude

Youtube has been a gold mine of information for numerous firearms for me. I used YT a lot when I was younger to learn complete assembly/disassembly of the Mil-Surp rifles I had at the time.

11. Rustin

Rustin
    Expand Collapse

Oh yeah.

12. rdunk

rdunk
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I really like hickok45 too, very interesting in his presentations, and he is a pretty good shot!!

Relative to instructional videos, the answer is yes. I particularly like the Glock Store videos, concerning the "how to's" of part replacements and part additions to Glocks. For instance, hardly anything is more simple to install than a "grip plug", but just by watching the video, I knew exactly how to do it! And likewise for the "Grip Force Adapter".

And in my opinion, Lenny McGill does a good job of making the presentations/instructions simple enough for most of us to be able to understand, and follow. He is a Glock Armorer, and businessman too.

Yes, many, if not most of his videos are relative to parts the Glock store has to sell, but, business is business. I am just glad to have him tell us how to install and use the parts.

13. rudybunt

rudybunt
    Expand Collapse

I use YouTube for all the parts u have swapped on my g26. Helps to see not just read how to do it. They all have good videos.

14. Shiloh228

Shiloh228
    Expand Collapse

Just as long as GlockStore doesn't do a video on customer service...

15. rl356

rl356
    Expand Collapse

I watch and subscribe to many firearms related YouTube channels. The top of the list is Mr. Hickok45. Very informative and entertaining videos. I learned the process for detail stripping the slide and frame from watching YouTube videos.

16. MrLawless1

MrLawless1
    Expand Collapse

Like others, I use YouTube as a way to learn how to disassemble my Glock 23, my Kimber 1911, and my Chinese SKS.

Its also a fun way to learn about other weapons from people who own them.

I don't trust myself to do any serious mods on my guns, but can see how others would.

I also think its important to keep an eye on the pos/neg count on the videos and amount of views the video has had. I'm more inclined to trust a highly rated, highly viewed video.

17. glocktecher

glocktecher
    Expand Collapse

I have learned quite a bit by watching YT. Plus, it is usually fun.

Hickok 45 is, in reality, an amazing pistol shooter with any pistol I have seen him use. Tremendous hand/eye coordination. His vids are a little long for my taste, but he just seems like a genuine person & very pleasant to listen to.
    It does seem he can avoid problems I may have with some weapons because of the size of his hands. But boy o boy, that is some backyard he has:supergrin:

I don't think I would ever choose, however, a caliber or weapon based on YT. I really have to find an example to shoot first.

18. Shepard man

Shepard man
    Expand Collapse

I've used it for swapping a serrated trigger to smooth and adding an extended slide release on my 17.

Tutorials can be handy and the fact that it was free only makes it sweeter.

19. Zelesnik G17

Zelesnik G17
    Expand Collapse

I too came to Glock because of Hickok45. Learned a lot from watching his videos. Got my 17 G4 and am enjoying shooting every weekend so far. He decided 9 mm for me. I wanted to shoot a lot and cheaply. Every time I buy ammo, I'm beholden to him. I don't have another handgun, this is the first. But I started out wanting a 44 mag.

20. chrisbroz

chrisbroz
    Expand Collapse

YES!!! Watched the instructions on disassembling the slide and the fire control group...better watching and doing than reading and doing...once done a few times it's muscle memory...

CB in FL