Glock Talk banner

Has the 1911 "buying spree" of the past couple of years ended?

4K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  Glock_en_speil 
#1 ·
I seem to see a bunch of not only just 1911's in general, but upper end 1911's for sale these days. Surely the economy isn't just now catching up to the 1911 crowd? I'm sure the whole 100 year thing has peaked. I wonder how much the semi-custom shops have seen in slowing down on a monthly basis of orders? Wilson got into the 5-6000 range of back orders. I will be interested to see what that number is a year from now. I'm glad that the 1911 world has been so flooded with buisness. But it seems to have hit it's high point and now may be starting to level off, if not start to slowly start slowing down. I don't think it's an economy thing, as I don't see "great" deals out there on high end guns. But I do see a lot more for sale than I used to. Just an observation. What are your thoughts?:dunno:

#27 ·
Good, now maybe I'll order my Wilson dream gun and not have to wait 3 years to get it.
Sorry but current wait times for a Wilson are about 12 months for a CQB grade pistol and about 24 months for a Supergrade. This varies depending on the options selected. Add a few more months if you want anything real fancy done such as engraving or any of the Turnbull finishes they offer.

I firmly believe in the 1911 "bubble" theory just like most people in this thread and my guess is that wait times will probably start to ease by the spring of 2013 but not before Wilson sneaks in another one of their annual price increase at the end of the year. If you are serious about ordering a Wilson I would advise you to do so before the end of the year and just deal with the wait. If not you'll be shelling out even more for it. Their last price increase was fairly significant.

Here's one last piece of advice. If you want to save money don't order it from Wilson directly, order it from a dealer who discounts such as George at Gunslingers. Here's his website:

http://www.migunslingers.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.