Has the 1911 "buying spree" of the past couple of years ended?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by glock2740, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

I recently bought a NICE used 1911 from a forum member. It's an Springfield Gunsite Service Pistol. My vote is folks that like 1911s will get them no matter the economy. They just might not buy as many.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Here's the family photo. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. High end 1911s are hot in resale. All of mine were Pre-owned. Why? I don't want to have to spend a couple hundred or even more, just to break in a pistol. Most people who are selling have things going on: new baby, lost their job, unplanned bills, etc. they unload at a good price, and I don't need to spend extra money for ammo. Some high end guns have waiting times that can last a few months to a year. It's a win-win for the buyer.

It's not just 1911s, though. I have acquired a few Colt pythons, too, and other higher ticket firearms.

#23 CDR_Glock, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  4. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

Think there was a big run with the anniversary advertising and all. Might be slowing down. I actually saw a wilson and a brown in a local shop in the last couple weeks.

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Once I get my Rogers gun,..........I can say yes. :supergrin:

#25 faawrenchbndr, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  6. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

Good, now maybe I'll order my Wilson dream gun and not have to wait 3 years to get it.

7. Sorry but current wait times for a Wilson are about 12 months for a CQB grade pistol and about 24 months for a Supergrade. This varies depending on the options selected. Add a few more months if you want anything real fancy done such as engraving or any of the Turnbull finishes they offer.

I firmly believe in the 1911 "bubble" theory just like most people in this thread and my guess is that wait times will probably start to ease by the spring of 2013 but not before Wilson sneaks in another one of their annual price increase at the end of the year. If you are serious about ordering a Wilson I would advise you to do so before the end of the year and just deal with the wait. If not you'll be shelling out even more for it. Their last price increase was fairly significant.

Here's one last piece of advice. If you want to save money don't order it from Wilson directly, order it from a dealer who discounts such as George at Gunslingers. Here's his website:

http://www.migunslingers.com