close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Has anyone really fixed Gen4 brass to the head yet?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by crash22, Dec 10, 2012.

1. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

Dec 15, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    I have a Gen4 G17 and a G34 have shot both in several IDPA matches and have yet to encounter a problem. I find them the best Glocks yet (am left handed so for me the mag release is huge) overall.

Must have been lucky this time.

2. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    Why is he still in GLOCKtalk?

3. I've had my Gen4 G19 for a couple weeks now. Put 400 rounds through it, all reloads. I've caught BTF about 5 times. Maybe it was the ammo, maybe it was the gun, maybe it was me, I don't know. No FTF and no FTE, and honestly that's more important to me than a few cases bouncing off my forehead. Time will tell if it gets worse, but I'm not too worried at the moment.

4. franco4027

franco4027

Oct 14, 2012
    My gen4 g27 did this and I removed the extractor and polished the sides with a very fine file. The metal was very rough compared to my G30sf. Once I did that it ejects perfectly every time and brass falls almost exact same spot. Dont take much off just smooth it up a bit to take off the high spots. I used a diamond knife sharpening stone.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. AustinTx

AustinTx

Aug 16, 2006
    Tx
    The Glock owners that have functional guns, don't need to fix theirs. Why should they want help?

6. OldLincoln

OldLincoln

Jan 11, 2010
    Was at the indoor range the other day and saw a lot of lady shooters, mostly doubled up like reenforcing recent instruction. One such was wearing a scoop neck top and shooting a Glock. I had to stop and watch a minute with a smile of anticipation. Wasn't but a few shots later and that sucker popped in there better than I could have dropped it. She yelped and bent over digging it out. I laughed and remarked "that's gotta hurt.", (at my age I can get away with that). They both laughed and the other one said that's why she's wearing a closed top. I laughed and said that's a common thing you learn to live with.

As far as the shooter vs the gun? Sorry folks, it's the gun. Some do it and some don't. Just because yours doesn't don't mean you are the worlds best shooter, just means you got a better ejector than the next fella. But please don't get your feelings hurt over it, just be glad yours works.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013