Has anyone really fixed Gen4 brass to the head yet?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by crash22, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Easy to fix

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Most excellent.

3. fg17

Maybe, but now I have a gun with all new parts and one that works great. Good customer service if you ask me. For years If I had a problem with a gun I would get rid of it right away and usually loose money on the deal, now I send them back to the factory. They usually come back working great, A few have come back as basically semi custom, with tuned and smoothed actions, polished chambers ect... If they give me problems after I get them back then I send them down the road.

4. :animlol: :number1::perfect10:

5. There is a guy on here, I think plouffedaddy is his user name. He is a excellent shooter, he applies an perfect grip and stance when he shoots his Glock 19 gen4, just like Tiro Fijo and Bren. But his gun still ejected very erratic. It wasn't the ammo because he tryed multiple brands of ammo in his videos, if I remember correctly.

Why is that Tiro Fijo and Bren? Why did his gun and many other newer Glocks not function properly?

#45 Made in Austria, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  6. I was at the range getting nailed by my 21 and by the dude next to with a 23

7. I don't use the modern erect arms/thumbs forward grip like Plouffedaddy. As a matter of fact, I despise it. I use the older Weaver stance. Plouffedaddy's woman was having trouble if I recall and it was obvious that she was breaking her wrists. I remember her video.

Next question?

#47 Tiro Fijo, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  8. c01

c01 Crazy Eye

Gen 4 G19 no problems in 700 rounds. :dunno::dunno:

D

Aug 2012 born date

9. I dunno about the gen4s, all of my 9mms are gen3 and I have never had a problem. Only think I can think is new RSA. Anyone try using LoneWolfs conversion kit to allow use of the Gen3 recoil spring? I bought one for my gen4 21 so I can change to heavier/lighter recoil springs. Maybe that would cure it. All of my gen4 .40s and .357s have been flawless with ejection. I still think it is the new RSA with the gen4 9mm.

10. I am a first time gun owner, and just bought a Gen 4 G17. While I love the gun, it does seem to sometimes have the brass eject in the face issues. (Not all of the time though) The Apex extractor and spring that folks are talking about, is this something that I can easily install myself? or do I have to have a gun smith do it? Also I only have shot around 150 rounds so far.. Will the problem potentially go away as I shot it more? I am using Magtech 115gr ammo.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if these are silly questions..
    Kind Regards
    Mo

11. i was being redundant

#51 Stock Perfection, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  12. The steel (heavier) recoil spring guide changed the slide velocity, therefore the ejection pattern.

13. LOL, if you go through and read all the posts in this thread. Almost every single Glock mentioned has either a replaced part or the owner is contemplating on new parts. What happened to buying a new gun and shooting it? Oh, because NEW glocks dont come ready to shoot out of the box.:steamed:

14. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

Still no problems out of any we've encountered. Maybe this epidemic of problems hasn't made it to the southeast. I'll keep reading boards so ill be ready when it hits.

15. Move your head.

Haha. On a serious note I own a Gen4 19 and I haven't had a huge issue with it yet. Only happened a few times to me. I usually end up blaming the ammo like every other Glock owner.

"Failure to fire?... It's probably the ammo"
    "Brass to the face?... What ammo are you using?"
    "Smokestack?... Yeah I would say its the ammo"

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. wrecks24- Hello! As far as tupperware being ready to go, I can only speak to my own experience, and it has been excellent. I bought a 2nd Gen G-19 with 10,000 rounds through it for every day carry. Factory stock, not even the so called 6-part update, with mags to match. I modified the mags to drop free and put on +2 extenders, and for some unknown reason discarded the insterts. I fired another 20,000 rounds of any 9mm ammo I could put my hands on. Fire- clean/inspect- load- repeat. It was still factory stock when I sold it- maybe with a slightly smoother action! A few misfires (ammo?), half a dozen stove pipes, and at around 20k rounds I got brass in the face for a few hundred rounds. I find those percentages acceptable. That's why I chose my member name.

17. Ive had my Gen4 22 for 1.5 years and never had that problem. Brass flies back and to the right just as it should.

18. crash22

crash22 Lost up north

Just another little update. We went to the range yesterday and she put 250 rounds thru without a single malfunction. I can appreciate the thoughts of "better training"but if your mind is so closed you can't see that it's a "Glock thing" not a shooter thing, you obviously don't listen to other people when they talk. The same woman with the same gun AFTER changing parts gets no btf problems. So that would tell anyone with an IQ over 90 it was the gun not the girl. (Btw, she is 5'8" works out 5 days a week and can bench press 190lbs...) If this was the ONLY gen 4 having problems it may be a person problem but I have seen at least one other besides this one...
    Thanks

19. crash22- Congratulations on working out the problem! Too bad you even had to deal with this. You don't have to swap/modify parts on a new chainsaw to feel confident you'll be cutting down a tree. You could, but you should'nt have to. They've gone from "That's right, it's plastic" to "That's right, it's good to go" to "That's right, mail it back to us". The next time Gastons' over for tea, I intend to bring this up.

#59 Stock Perfection, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  20. Congrats and glad it's working. Thanks for keeping everyone updated. It's threads like this that help people out.