close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Has anyone ever hunted with their Glock?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Glock'N'Load, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Glock'N'Load

Glock'N'Load

Feb 16, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Just wondering if anyone has anyone gone out with their Glock and taken legal game.

2. WellArmedSheep

WellArmedSheep NRA Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Ala-freakin'-bama
    Not me, but I have a friend that hunts deer with a G20.

3. B.Reid

B.Reid

Jun 20, 2005
    Montana
    Killed a Mule Deer with my G20 last October!

4. Down in the hunting, fishing, and camping club there is a thread about a guy that shot a mule deer with a G20 this year.

5. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Yes, but didn't get a chance to take a shot. Will be using it to hunt pigs when the leaves start to drop and let us get in to some places.

6. Big_Jim

Big_Jim

Sep 7, 2001
    Michigan
  7. Mike Wood

Mike Wood

Feb 19, 2006
    Norfolk, VA
    I'm waiting for a G20 SF. I can't think of a better firearm to have on you if there is dangerous game around. Plenty of power and much more than 6 shots. I supposed in a hunting situation it would put deer sized game down with the right ammo. But if a bear was going to be on top of me and I could get to the gun he would be in danger as well.

8. Desertscout

Desertscout Millennium Member CLM

Nov 22, 1999
    AZ
  9. Mike Wood

Mike Wood

Feb 19, 2006
    Norfolk, VA

10. Desertscout

Nov 22, 1999
    AZ

11. Mike Wood

Mike Wood

Feb 19, 2006
    Norfolk, VA
    Desert Scout, thanks for the very detailed report. I always love to hear about a successful hunt. I don't know many guys that hunt with handguns but to tell you the truth at least 1/2 the deer I've shot I could have used a gun like you've got. I did shoot one deer with a Coonan .357mag auto but it was a mercy killing on the side of the road. Considerably closer than the forkhorn you shot. Splatter distance actually.:wow:

I've always like the 10mm cartridge but the only guns I've ever had chambered for it were 2 very crappy Colt Delta Elites. Sloppy and unreliable.

As soon as they come out with an SF version of the G20 I'm on it. Your's has a nice grip reduction. What is the coating/paint you have on the frame? To anyone that is a doubter of auto handguns being used for hunting medium sized game take note - this is how it is done!
    Thanks Dude.
    MW

12. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002

13. Desertscout

Nov 22, 1999
    AZ

14. Big Sky

Big Sky

Sep 17, 2007
    Montana
    I plan on it. Next season at the step families (if that makes any sense) ranch 9mm Ranger +p+ does at no more than 25 yards. Call me curious.

15. Desertscout

Nov 22, 1999
    AZ
    It's DuraCoat. We do quite a few of them. I don't know why I picked this color and I'm not sure if I like it yet but I reckon I can change it any time if I don't like it.

16. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002

17. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    "...I was bound and determined to get my deer again this year with my G20. I passed on several within rifle range in hopes of getting within range with my pistola..."

How many deer can you harvest a year? We can get one buck and one doe a day.
    Here in lower AL, where I hunt, you don't get very many 100 yard shots unless you hunt food plots or power lines. I prefer the woods hunting, so a long shot is around 75 yards then.
    I plan on hog hunting with my 20C, but am going to put a red dot sight on it. Pigs are open season all year round and have no limit.

18. Desertscout

Nov 22, 1999
    AZ
    By "again this year", I meant that I killed my deer last year also but with another G20. You can only kill one a year here. It's not often that you get "close" shots in this area. This is wide-open country around here and 100 yards is considered close by most with 200 probably being the norm. Those that have the desire can certainly get closer but those of us that can shoot and have no desire to play Pocahontas just live with the longer shots. My longest deer shot that I can remember is 320 yards with a .338-06 and my longest elk was an even 400 with a .30-'06. Both were one-shot kills.

19. I've taken a few hogs with G20 but they where under 20yards for the most part. One was maybe over 30yrds and that was a barely. 4 needed moere than one bullet and one needed more than 3 bullets.

20. ks farmboy

ks farmboy

Nov 1, 2007
    FL
    ive carried mine while hog hunting. those things are crazy and will attack you. never shot with it though.