Has Anybody Dealt With Colt Customer Service Lately

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by fusegsp, Nov 13, 2012.

1. I bought a Colt LE6920 Sunday and have a problem with it and was wondering what I'm in for. I was cleaning the factory oil off and noticed the barrel has five or six rust spots on it. I'm not very happy. I looked the gun over before I bought it but couldn't see the rust since it was under the oil that was on the barrel. Hopefully they'll take care of me.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Anybody dealt with Cheeks? Smart Shopper May 9, 2002
    Anybody got a (1984) Detonics Catalog handy? [Mystery Pistol] General Firearms Forum Sunday at 2:49 PM
    Anybody else hate Thomas the Tank Engine? The Okie Corral Saturday at 1:05 PM
    Anybody Fix Motherboards ? Tech Talk Aug 6, 2015
    Did anybody watch Battle Bots? The Okie Corral Jul 27, 2015

3. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

They are notorious for having terrible civilian customer service. Though they might be trying to patch things up on account of losing the M4 contract. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Personally, I'd just see if a little 0000 steel wool and some oil would take the rust off.

#2 Travclem, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  4. Maybe I'll try that if Colt doesn't help out. I'll give them a chance first. I left out a big part of the story. I bought this gun at Wal-Mart. They don't even want to talk to me about it. They said their policy is no refunds / no returns. I knew that going in, but I thought they might at least deal with Colt for me and maybe ship it back for me. They said all they could do is reimburse me for the shipping back to Colt if Colt won't pay for it. We'll see. I'm calling Colt tomorrow.

#3 fusegsp, Nov 13, 2012
  5. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Is that so?

Please, elaborate.

#4 Warp, Nov 13, 2012
  6. Matthew Courtney

Matthew Courtney Instructor #298

Degrease the barrel with simple green or brake parts cleaner and coat it with corrosion X.

7. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

#6 Travclem, Nov 13, 2012
  8. Does that stuff remove rust or just stop it's progress? I'd rather not send this gun back if I don't have to, but on the other hand I'm a freak about rust. Ever since I forgot an 870 in my trunk for a week and it came out a beautiful, matte, orange.

9. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

True or false: When Remington was awarded that contract, they hadn't actually won the bid (bid lower) once the royalty requirements were properly accounted for.

10. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

I really don't know what you are getting at. I don't know the specifics as I do not work for the government, Colt, or Freedom Group. I said Remington won the contract just like the article says.

Do you have anything to add for the OP, or just feel the need for a little trolling.

#9 Travclem, Nov 13, 2012
  11. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trolling? Is that what you did by bringing up the contract? (and not really getting it correct)

#10 Warp, Nov 13, 2012
  12. Matthew Courtney

Matthew Courtney Instructor #298

It "kills" the rust with polar bonding. A few days after you treat the barrel, use a green scrub pad to polish the affected areas, then put a little more corrosion x on it. The polar bonding protects the metal even when the metal appears dry. It is the only thing that I have found that keeps my carry guns from rusting when I sweat on them.

13. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

No I was giving a reason that their customer service could possibly be on the rise.

But please, since you are stuck on it, give us the details oh Omnipotent one.

#12 Travclem, Nov 13, 2012
  14. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I like how you immediately result to name calling.

It really makes your input worthy of serious consideration.

15. Cool. I think the rust is minor enough that this is just the ticket. My nightmare scenario is sending a brand new gun away and being without it for months before I even get shoot it. Thanks for the info.

16. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

Name calling? It was a complement. Do you understand the meaning of the word? Still waiting on your input to on the topic.

#15 Travclem, Nov 13, 2012
  17. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

I agree, nothing worse than having to send a new gun back.

18. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

There are links in this thread.

You may want to read them. ;)

19. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

[​IMG]

20. OP give liquid Froglube a try too. It took off some small surface rust spots on an heirloom 410 and wingmaster I have. It worked quite well actually. Neverdull used lightly may also work. I understand your frustration but it probably will not be big deal. Congrats on your rifle.

#19 bmoore, Nov 13, 2012
  21. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Froglube is great