Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hard Plastic vacuum lines

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by ReAX222, Aug 5, 2007.

  1. I need to plumb a vacuum gauge, but my newer truck only has hard plastic lines (save for the brake booster.) I haven't seen any repair or splice kits. Anyone know of products to tap into plastic lines.
  2. Oh, just incase the stock plastic lines are small, I'd guess metric and not standard 1/8" tubing.

  3. You could cut a hard plastic line, then slide some rubber vacuum hose over each end, and install a T-fitting. All of these parts are available at your local auto parts store.

    I don't see why you couldn't use the brake feed as well. The check valve should be mounted directly on the booster, so you won't be able to accidentally tap into the wrong part.
  4. I have the parts to tap the brake booster line, but requires a 1/2 tee and it looks ugly. I have read a little more and I think if I can find 1/8" id hose and bell the hard line it might work. I think I'll a little RVT to be sure.
  5. One Ragged Hole

    One Ragged Hole Dis ain't funny

    Nov 13, 2002
    Just hangin around
    Wait till you have to mess with them during the winter.
  6. ecmills

    ecmills I shoot guns.

    Oct 8, 2004
    Memphis, TN
    Autozone and Advance carry elbows, line, and all sorts of adapters. They're just not easy to find.

    Ask 'em if they've got any of 'that hard plastic vacuum line' on the shelf. The rest of the fittings (including ones to step it up to a 'normal' rubber hose diameter) are usually nearby.