close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hard Chrome AK-47s

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by markieboy, Feb 5, 2010.

1. markieboy

markieboy Senior Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Washington State
    Classic Arms is offering hard chrome Romanian AKs. For $489.95, it seems like a great deal.
    Aside from the gold-plated version, this looks the prettiest. AKs aren't supposed to be pretty!?!?

What do you guys think? :wavey:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Glocker08

Glocker08

Sep 22, 2008
    It's certainly unique. I'd say the only down side would be the chrome finish might be a little too reflective as opposed to a matte/flat finish. It would definitely make it more corrosion resistant though.

3. markieboy

markieboy Senior Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Washington State
    Hahaha. Pimp gun, indeed. Glocker08, I prefer the original finish, too. :supergrin:

4. 98_1LE

98_1LE

Oct 17, 2005
    I like, but wish I had bought one of the Yugo underfolders they chromed. Hard chrome is more than bling, it is incredibly durable.

5. skanless

skanless IPA ISLAND

Apr 8, 2009
    CA
    I wouldnt buy one, but if someone gave it to me i would take it with open arms.

6. andyffer

andyffer

May 30, 2009
    that black chrome is sexy as ****! Always love seeing it.

Also the website says that the hard chrome AK is not available for online purchase

7. rem2429

rem2429

Nov 26, 2004
    Llano, TX
    I saw where Arsenal was doing some in tungsten dlc with an autograph of MK included.

Its really sad they left the romanian plywood on there.

8. doktor doom

doktor doom

Aug 30, 2003
    charlotte, NC
    I've seen those before, and I've always kinda wanted one. get a new stock set from Ironwood and you'll have a really sharp rifle. Definitely be the first kid on your block!
    If you've got the scratch, go ahead and get one.

9. TedG954

TedG954

Dec 13, 2007
    ...there's something special about dropping your rifle on a rock while running through the woods and then touching it up with some fresh bar-b-que grill paint.

I'll stick with black.

As Henry Ford put it, "You can have any color you want, as long as it's black."

:tongueout: