close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Harbor Freight Caliper, $8.99 this weekend

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by SARDG, Oct 11, 2012.

1. The jury may not be back on whether this caliper is any good (though I don't seem to have any particular problem) - it is however CHEAP this weekend at their 'sidewalk sale'. $8.99

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-digital-caliper-47257.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4112b&utm_source=1007

Then there are these mats for those of you who like to stand:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-anti-fatigue-foam-mat-set-94635.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4112b&utm_source=1007

Better call your local HF to confirm these prices and sale.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  2. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    I have been using although different harbor freight calipers and the mat for years. No the bottom of the mat I duck taped the seams together.

3. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
    Harbor Freight Caliper, $8.99.

Gas to to the nearest Harbor Freight $20.

I am going to pass.

4. michael e

michael e

Nov 20, 2010
    I bought the same ones year or so ago after my other ones quit working.

5. The 4" Harbor Freight caliper is great. I bought one 3 years ago and still use it.

The 6" one I didn't like at all. It's crude, sloppy and inaccurate; every time you close the jaws you get a slightly different reading.

6. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    I've had that same set of calipers those mats in front of my reloading bench going on 4 years. At that price it's worth the 2 mile detour to stop by after work on the way home to get another pair. I have a short list of must get next time at HF items anyways.

7. Buy 4 of 'em and you'll save enough money to pay for the gas! :shocked:

8. Some have said that lately, but mine have no such zeroing problem. They're 2 or 3 years old though...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012