Handy Free Software List For Everyone

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Big Al 24, Jan 15, 2009.

1. And another shameless plug :supergrin:
    Bronson7

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!

2. Keep on pluggin'!!!! :tongueout:

3. RaiderRodney

RaiderRodney Just Win Baby

Great list bud ;) I'll try and remember to try out some of these I'm not familiar with.

Another nice little program I use is Synctoy

4. Also check out picassa by google for a light easy image viewer/cataloger/editor.

5. Razrbk444

Razrbk444 Sumthin' Witty
    Silver Member

Here's one I just recommended in another post. Cute PDF Writer. Its great for creating a pdf file of your document so that the original can't be altered by the recipient. You simply click to print document and select Cute PDF Writer instead of your actual printer, and save to wherever you like.

From their site: Create professional quality PDF files from almost any printable document. FREE for personal, commercial, gov or edu use! No watermarks! No popup Web ads! Now supports 64-bit Windows.

6. Not entirely true. When you link to an ASP page, since is active, certain files have to be constantly sharing scripts cause they were done in JAVA. therefore occupying bandwith not considerable amount but bandwith nonetheless.:whistling:

7. Yeah, take that Toyman!!! We gots you on the run now! :rofl:

8. Foxit Reader is firefox reader for pdfs

9. A link to an ASP page is not actually going to load that page. So, I still don't see how a link/url/a href to an ASP page is going to consume any more bandwidth to display the URL/link. The consumption of bandwidth isn't going to occur until the user clicks on that link.

10. www.crossloop.com

Free software, and service that lets you remote control someone else PC. You sign on and get a code, they sign on and enter your code.

11. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

Foxit reader is a stand-alone program ... there is a Firefox plugin available so users can view and work with PDF files loaded in Foxit Reader with Firefox web browser.

Another good link for "Must have FREE downloads" ...

http://majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=20

#31 Sgt. Schultz, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  12. Archival:
    handles a large number of archive formats. rar's kind of a standard for multi part archives.

Editor:
    PSPad. Handles a large number of file types. It's a nice alternative to Notepad for those programmers/developers that opt to not use IDEs.

13. ? :dunno:

14. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

Probably wanted to add it to his subscription list, guess he doesn't know about "Thread Tools" options.

15. Ahhhh...:cool:

16. Good stuff, thanks for the links. I knew of a few of these but a lot of these are new to me.

17. Free DVD MP3 Ripper.....www.Jodix.com

The only issue I've had was one song would not rip from a dvd. I advanced the beginning of the song 3-4 secs(live...lot of clapping) and that seemed to do the trick.

Also, I get 4 pop up windows....(Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters.......other numbers) when I open the program. I just hit Cancel each time and proceed to the program...it works.

18. Bohica1998

Bohica1998 Airborne

Another good free text editor is Editpad Lite. Only the "lite" version is free. You have to pay for the "pro" version. But the free version does all I need. One thing I like about it is that it does not seem to have a file size limitation like Notepad does. I have been using it for years.

Are you tired of not being able to see the system clock because it is too light? Here is a decent free clock that lets you set up the time/date the way YOU want them to be. It;s called TClockEx.

Attached Files:

#40 Bohica1998, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009