close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hampton Show

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by Auburn, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Auburn

Auburn
    Expand Collapse
    WAR EAGLE!

Anybody go? I thought it was pretty decent. The usual vendors were there. I did finally pop for a Saiga rifle from Dark Sun. I didn't see any great ammo deals, but did see lots of BBQ sauce, tools, and assorted consumer electronics.:)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. thin blue line

thin blue line
    Expand Collapse

I've pretty much given up on the shows. Same dealers charging the same prices they charge in their stores. Ammo vendors selling ammo more expensive than Walmart. Etc...

The FTF opportunity is the real benifit of the show in my opinion for private sales, but the firearms classified here at GT has been good to me for finding decent prices on private sales.

So, I no longer go to the shows looking for non-existent deals unless I need some Beef jerky or Ninja dart blowguns.

3. Gregw/aGlock

Gregw/aGlock
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

I went and found it better than in the past, but not great. My wife walked out with a S&W 642CT from Trader Jerry, and I picked up some holsters from Backwoods Leather. Oh, and we also got jerky and hotsauces :supergrin:

4. Mag Cap 17

Mag Cap 17
    Expand Collapse

I thought Rabbit Ridge had some good deals. Traded in a Buck Mark on a S&W 317 Air Weight. I think I go because of the good used selection, but there were new GLOCKs there at $10 over cost.

5. DHansen

DHansen
    Expand Collapse

It seemed to me that some of the regular dealers (Quantico Arms at a minimum) weren't there. I was in looking for a nice heavy barrelled Model 700 in .223 or heavy-barrelled upper for my M4, and could not find either.

I KNOW I've seen them there before.

6. plewi006

plewi006
    Expand Collapse

yea getting a little tired of the non gun and knife stuff at the south eastern GUN and KNIFE show.