close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Hallsville,MO Who's Going ?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by G21H30, Sep 4, 2013.

1. G21H30

G21H30

Apr 6, 2001
    Kansas
    The wife and I will be shooting Saturday. This will be our 16th year at Hallsville. It was the first GSSF match we ever attended back in 1998.Hope for a good good turnout as the weather forcast for Saturday is sunny and 93.:cool:

2. Hallsville, MO will be my first GSSF event. Bringing my dad along to shoot. I am looking forward to the event, should be fun. :supergrin: I can tell my dad is nervous, but he would not admit it.

Anything I should know about the place? :wavey:

I plan on being there on Saturday.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  3. It just crossed my mind, is there something Glock Talkers are supposed to wear or do at these event so we can notice each other. Secret handshake? Red bandana around the leg? Green shoe laces? :supergrin:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  4. Larry (misunderestimated) tried to get the GTers circled up for a group photo a couple of years ago at Orlando. That in itself, with lots of GT 'advertising' was like herding cats and rounding them up. Everyone seems to drift aimlessly at these. I tried for a year to park my cart with my (old) SARDG license plate on it at the stage I RO, told everyone what I looked like, where I would be, etc... very tough it seems.

Just be bubblely and outgoing and see if you can find some kindred spirits. A heck of a lot of GTers go to the SE matches in GA. Otherwise, it's a bit more sparse.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Years ago there was a major push for Glock Talk T-shirts. They did not work. I had a friend make up Glock Talk name tags that hung on the back of your baseball cap. That didn't work. I had DannyR printed on the back of several golf shirts. That didn't work. Most GSSF'ers do not know what GlockTalk is. Now I focus on trying to make new friends, then remember their names afterwards.:wavey:

6. Lethal Tupperware has a t-shirt that says... (drum roll...) LETHAL TUPPERWARE. Ya' goin' to Hallsville, Jim?? :supergrin:

7. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    ME TOO!

And if anyone would like to meet me there, please feel free to say hello!

I look just like the guy on the left in the first picture you see when you go to gssfonline.com, only I'm better looking. :)

8. JLM63

JLM63

Sep 11, 2010
    Indep, MO
    I'll be there with. This is my second year. Came by myself last year (from Independence). This year I'm bringing 3 other guys. I'm going to shoot my G36, just to see how I do with it.

9. jpman7

jpman7

Jul 11, 2007
    Kansas City, Mo.
    Be there at 9AM tomorrow.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  10. Competed yesterday at my first GSSF event, Hallsville, MO. Very fun and a great time. Everyone there was friendly. The event was moving a little slow, but most volunteers and workers were learning as the event was their first time.

Thank you to all the volunteers and workers for making it a great day. I shot well for my first event, but left plenty of room for improvements. My best performance was on a run of the plates which I did in 5.73 seconds (6 shots all plates down). Not as good as the sub 3 second guy, but hey I'm learning.

My 69 year old father also shot and had a great day. Tried to get him to record me shooting the Glock M, but instead I got 5 minutes of the gravel and my father's shorts. He has a difficult time telling the difference between pause and play. O well.. Someone on here once commented, Don't let anyone over 55 operate a camera and my father lives up to that statement.

If you are reading this and are anywhere near Hallsville, MO run over there today (Sunday, Sept 9th) and have a good time.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013