close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hallsville, MO 2006 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Don At PC, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Hallsville, MO 2006 Debriefing

Please post your stories here. Wish I were there.

2. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Well okay let me be the first...fantastic drive to Hallsville and what a range...it's been (4) years since I was there and they have made tremendous changes. The plate racks are run on gas for reset and timers are run dually...in other words they have two timers and the starter starts two shooters at once....a timer for each shooter but one starter. The couses were standard GSSF( pre changes) the 5 to Glock and the Glock M were set as we have seen them in the past with steel plates. The R'O were courteous, and prompt.

I met Team Hansen and a Master Shooter John Daily ( hope the spelling is accurate)and spent a very pleasant day at the range.

My shooting was bittersweet...with the single start I found myself struggling (waiting for the other shooter) to be ready, and also found myself shooting way too fast...I apparently focused on racing against the other shooter sub-consciously and shot poorly in three classes out of (4)....Something I must work on in my old age. I was able to shoot one class independantly and shot a personal best...soooo all was not lost.

Well off to Brighton.:supergrin:

3. G21H30

G21H30

Just arrived home from Hallsville. The wife and I met Festus at the 5-To- Glock and later at the M. ( Hope you had a safe trip to Brighton). The wife shot her best ever match ( 103.57 AM/CIV. )with her G-37 and a (110.19 in COMP also with her G-37)and was very happy. I had a "senior moment" on the "M"and engaged the right hand 20 yard target with only five shots instead of the required six. ( 2 A's , 3 B's and a ? )That and eight D's gave me a 101.60 in AM/CIV to go along with my 101.86 in COMP.If my addition is correct we should have a 325.87 for a Team score. The weather was great in the morning although a little warm in the afternoon. As in the past eight trips to Hallsville a good time was had by all:thumbsup:

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

G21H30;
    Sure glad to hear good reports on the G37, that is one terriffic Glock. Good shooting.

5. BCarver

BCarver Millennium Member CLM

Well, after waiting at the airport for 4 hours Friday evening and then receiving notice that the flight had been cancelled due to equipment problems, I went home and cancelled the trip. Bummers!! I couldn't get the flights to match a possible schedule to fly, drive and shoot on Saturday and Sunday. I understand that there were some great scores and look forward to hearing about them.

6. Two-Gun Mary

Two-Gun Mary

I was disappointed that the cardboard targets had no readily visible bulls eye. When we shot 5 to Glock and Glock the Plates, the sun was in our eyes and the targets were dark. After a lot of hole taping it was difficult to discern the center circle, especially on the more distant targets.

A central black spot to focus on would have helped.

Two-Gun Mary

7. Fumble

Fumble RIP Poom . . .

For the most part we had a good time. One of our party had a medical condition he hid from us because he didn’t want to ruin the trip. Regions (in St. Paul) has a very nice ER and after our visit there he’s now recuperating but only after some tense moments on our trip north – it was a dang good thing two of us are EMT’s I’ll add.

The range was in great condition and the weather near perfect – I wish my scores had been. My performance with my G17 rocked but my performance with my G26 showed I need practice. It also would have helped if I had had an aim point. The sun made it impossible to see the center ring on the 5-to-Glock.

Our only complaint was that the RO’s kept making our new shooter shoot first even thought the rest of us signed up before him. We had a hard time figuring out how they were setting squads. Forcing shooters with two guns to step aside between guns to let others shoot didn’t make sense. It slowed things down. I did mention this to the Glock folks and they promised to straighten that out.

To end on a very positive note, the vender allowed me to swap three used G22 mags for three new G17 mags. He had to think long and hard about my request but in the end he helped me out. The RO’s were very friendly and quite willing to discuss the differences between Columbia (where we stayed this year) and Moberly (where we stayed last year).

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: for 2006.

8. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Regarding hard to see target circles, you have to learn to visually bisect the target with two center lines, one horizontal and one vertical. When it rains and the targets are covered in plastic, no one can see the circles, but the match goes on.