close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Had to sell 13 glocks today

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by youngdocglock, Sep 4, 2012.

1. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

:crying:

So i havnt been on in a few days. Saturday morning the engine on my beloved Turbo Pt cruiser went pop like a zit.

Blew the head in 3 places, which cracked the block and threw a piston through the oil pan. all because of i have no idea why and it never overheated.

The car only has 78k on it so its not worth junking.

Im broke.......as i recently got engaged and threw all my $$ at a ring.

Thus......i had to sell every glock i own except for my 32 to finance a new engine :crying:

god hates me. its official. :crying:

2. *ASH*

*ASH* in hell everyone loves popcorn

got any pics ??? do you own a hotdog cart ?

3. SevenSlugs

SevenSlugs

Buy a Honda.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2

4. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

pics of me selling the glocks? i thought posting things that caused people to be extremely depressed was against the rules.

And of the engine..........no. Car went straight to the dealer and is having a new crate engine put in. Should be done thursday.

Im thinking the harmonic balance pulley froze up. Causing the moving car to throw a piston an crack the head.

All i know was i was doing a good clip. Then heard a huge groan, BANG BANG BANG and then there was a HUGE length of oil in my wake, smoke everywhere and a hissing dead car.

5. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

Only 78k? I wouldn't dream of owning a blown Crystler product, but you'd think they could make it to 100k without blowing up completely. Are they putting in the same type of engine that died?

6. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

Not same model year. I bought one from a 06 which has much better life time. some go past 295k

Its basically a neon built with a better body. So the engine it had has all the neon quirks, bad seals/gaskets, horrible fuel economy. mounts that wear out after 50 k etc.

Good part though, the old 2.4 usually snapped a timing belt, blew a head gasket or lost the waterpump right around 100k.

the new one..lasts around 140 k before it starts needing work. So i dodged a $1,400 bullet there. just have to find a way to justify the other $3k now.

7. method

method

Sucks about your car, but why in the world did you have 14 Glocks? They're cool pistols and all, and if the money's not an issue, knock yourself out. Money's obviously an issue though.

8. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

I'd buy a beater with a heater before I'd fix a PT cruiser, just sayin.

9. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

when i aqquired them it was not. When i ran my own PC repair shop, i also was pulling 27k a year, lived with my brother free of rent and had no bills. so buying a glock a month was easy :p

but a $4,600 bill out of the blue hit me pretty hard. especially after dropping a few K on a ring friday.

10. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

ya know last year i would have thought the same.

Except i paid $0 for this car. it was a gift from a friend who got a very large chunk of cash after his grandfather passed away.

The body, suspension, exhaust ...everything is MINT. its the dream edition 5spd turbo. i thought i would hate it.

Until i drove it for a week and loved it.

They arnt for everyones tastes but....i wanna keep it. i mean even with a blown engine its KBB value is worth more than what im paying for the engine, almost 7k total with the new engine so.........it hurts but i can live with it haha

11. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

My mechanic buddies call them PT-Losers ,I would scrap it and move on

12. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

If you're only in it the price of the new engine I can see why you would keep it. Hope the engine swap goes smoothly and they don't find anything else wrong with it.

13. *ASH*

*ASH* in hell everyone loves popcorn

either love em or hate em . i got a o1 pt bought in 03 now its got 166 ,000 miles , only work done is having the timing belt replaced every 60,000 but i do that myself . maybe i got lucky who knows but its been damn good car to me .

only thing i do hate is needs another gear , it tacs high when driving 60 .

14. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

take it you have the auto?

Mine is ..okay in high gear but....not great. not good for a standard anyway.

I love mine. I used to make fun of them constantly until i drove it around, i like how it drives, how it corners, love the retro interior!.

And its one of the most customizable cars in the world. if you dont like it, change it. simple haha great part of it.

gas mileage could be better. with the old i was pushing to get 23mpg. should get 28-30 with the new.

Timing belts on them do suck however on the 01-04 series.

Those of us who know how to do them are blessed because at $1,400 a pop parts+labor they would lose all value after 60kish.

15. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

Im a mechanic and i call it better than a kia, toyota *from the same year base* suzuki, .........anything foreign minus subaru and honda haha.

They hold up really well if they are taken care of. People who usually end up replacing a lot let them go to **** real quick.

Mine is maintained meticulously.....Before the engine randomly exploded she hadnt burped in 8 months before that i put in a turn signal bulb :-D

16. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

I would suggest you put money into savings rather then guns so you have a buffer in case problems like this happen. Good luck with everything!

17. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

I've worked in a dodge dealership, the last PT I saw in the shop before I left had been in the shop around 65 times in a bit over a year time span and they finally declared it a lemon.

18. aplcr0331

aplcr0331 Compulsory Collectivisim

Young kid with 13 glocks AND a PT Cruiser?

[​IMG]

19. SevenSlugs

SevenSlugs

Lol

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2

20. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

:ack::crazy:

Your gonna be sorry.