close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Had my kitty put down this morning.

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Radam3, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Radam3

Radam3

Jul 22, 2011
    MI
    A sad day here. She had kidney failure :-(

Before you can lead, you must refuse to follow

Attached Files:

2. 1time

1time Lifetime Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Baltimore, Md

3. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    I'm so sorry for you, and your Kitten.

Losing one of our best friends is extermely hard. RIP

4. Sorry for your loss. I'm down two dogs this year and it was hard on me and my two boys. Hope you're doing ok.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. Gregoire G

Gregoire G Silver Member

Mar 15, 2012
    TX
    I'm also sorry for your loss. I know how it hurts. I had my cat put down about a year and a half ago. He lived almost 18 years.

6. brtarr

brtarr

Oct 9, 2008
    Phoenix
    I know what it's like to suffer the loss of a four legged friend, my sympathies to you.

7. Sorry for your loss. We had to have our Tuxedo cat put to sleep a couple of months ago. She had stomach cancer. Still playful but bound up and in frequent pain. Heartbreaking.

8. Sorry for your loss. Currently dealing with the same thing. But, this cat's had 15 good years before his kidneys started to go. He's on borrowed time right now.

9. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    God bless you and your little friend. Your little furry friend is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge!

I'm sorry for your loss. But don't be too sad, you'll see her again someday!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVt1pD0sT0k&feature=related"]Til then - YouTube[/ame]

10. mfm9

mfm9 What?

Apr 2, 2011
    Huntsville, Alabama
    I'm so sorry to hear that. I had to put my cat down for the same reason a couple of years ago. I broke down and sobbed like a little baby, right there in the vet's office.

-Mike

11. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    I'm very sorry to hear that. We grow so attached to our pets that is truly devastating to watch them pass. Fortunately you can take some comfort in knowing that your kitty enjoyed a good life with an owner that cares...if that weren't the case, you wouldn't be saddened by the loss.

12. cllrtr

cllrtr

May 8, 2005
    Arizona
    So sorry for you both. RIP little girl.

13. mike28w

mike28w

Jul 4, 2009
    Idaho !!
    Sorry to hear about your cat/friend..... We lost a cat ( Bailey) to kidney failure about 5 years ago... We didn't even think he was particularly ill....

Cats often tend to hide their symptoms as long as they can, so by the time they actually act sick...they are really quite ill.

We have since got another cat , but every time he even looks a little out of sorts, my mind always goes back to Bailey. Always worries me...

Take care, mike

PS: Just noticed her photo.... Was this after a bath ( or rainstorm) ?? Her pupils are huge !! Our cats always look the same way after a bath.... ;-) Again , take care....

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  14. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

Jan 11, 2000
    Kentucky, USA
  15. waawaaweenie

waawaaweenie

Feb 6, 2012
    middle of PRK
    I am sorry for your loss

I lost one that way before, it happens so fast.

16. Detectorist

Detectorist

Jul 16, 2008
    Missouri
    Very sorry. How old was she?

Mine is sitting on my lap right now. She'll go to her bowl and eat a bite or two then jump on my lap for a few minutes, then go eat another bite or two.

17. Radam3

Radam3

Jul 22, 2011
    MI
    Yes that was right after a bath.
    She was 13

Before you can lead, you must refuse to follow

18. wuvmyglock

wuvmyglock

May 20, 2010
    Sorry for your loss. I am sure you blessed her with a wonderful life just as she blessed you.

19. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    No dogs here, just two cats. Nothing warmer (in the animal kingdom) than a kitty on a cold night watching movies on the couch. Dogs slobber too much when they lay with you :)

Sorry for your loss :(