Had My Bilateral L5 Nerve Root Injection

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by LoadToadBoss, Aug 20, 2010.

1. LoadToadBoss

Expand Collapse

Apr 24, 2008
    Northwest Louisiana
    Had the L5 shot on Thursday. I used the same Doc that did the C6 shot the week before. The Doc did both sides of the spinal cord entering in at the waistband line of my lower back. While I was mildly sedated, the shots were a little uncomfortable. I did manage to sleep better last night will little to no sciatic pain. Woke up this morning still sore at the injection sites, but my left leg/hip feels pretty good. I'll give it several days before I try any squats or deadlifts.

I still have some stiffness in my neck a week after that shot, but I have to remind myself that I have four herniated discs and the Doc only shot up one nerve root. I probably will still need the surgery at some point. Until then, I will try to stay as active as I can.

I've got a busy day at work today since yesterday was a bust. I also have some meetings on Saturday to attend, but may get to the gym later in the day.

Thus continues the saga of trial and tribulations of LTB.
  2. BradD

Expand Collapse

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks for the report, LTB. Hoping that this plan will work out well for you.