close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ha! Take that little stevie!!!!

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by GioaJack, Apr 29, 2011.

1. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    I just got an e-mail from Midway wishing me a Happy Birthday and offering me the largest discount in the history of mankind on my next order.

There is a caveat however, I must place my order prior to my actual birthday but that doesn't really present a problem. Why would I wait... I don't even buy green bananas and only spend a half hour watching 60 Minutes.

I found it a bit odd that they included a post script to their message, it read as follows;

Please do not inform Little Stevie of the generous birthday offer extended to you, we purposely do not send one to him because he's a slug flatlander.

I'm paraphrasing of course. :whistling:

Jack

2. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    Jack, should you decide to further yank Stevie's panties and place a discounted order with Midway, how about shooting me a PM describing how well (or not) your shipped goods were packaged. Two different orders received in the last 7 days had damaged goods inside.

While Midway has already shipped replacement items, it was a bit disappointing. BUT, they did make good on the items and in making me comfortable with their solution. I'm just wondering if the discussions I had with their customer service rep ever got back to the shipping department.

3. My shipment last week was fine... maybe the packing boy has a new girlfriend he's all moon-eyed over :)

4. casesensitive

casesensitive

Apr 22, 2011
    Probably not. I bought a holster there . It was used quite a bit when it arrived. I called and complained. They were out of stock, so just sent the holster back. They put my request for a new one on B/O). 3 weeks later it was shipped. Wouldn't you know they sent me the same holster I had before. So they just stuck it back in Inventory. I called again. I was nice about it. Although I noticed about two weeks after I sent it back again. They had one in stock. I never did re-order it again.

5. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Jan 26, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    I guess Midway is on to us luddites.

Discount .....
    So, does this mean I have to tell them my birthday and check the box that says they can send me e-mail.

.... urg ....

6. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    WOW! It must be a percent from every year of age since birth, that must be a HUGE discount! :whistling:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  7. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    Yup, the discount is gonna be pretty much equal tp what it's gonna cost you when you put a shot through that chronograph. :whistling:

Jack

8. atakawow

atakawow

Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I'd double check, no, triple check your total when checking out. With your half blind vision, them 6's look awful lot like them 8's.

9. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    touche :poke:

10. BK63

BK63

Sep 15, 2005
    CT
    :rofl: I mostly come here to see what Jack has to post today :supergrin:

11. Hogpauls

Hogpauls

Nov 6, 2009
    Idaho
    You stole my post. :rofl:

12. Tell the truth... they add a percent for every year til it gets to 75% off then start back the other way again to 10%, then they start all over again...

What Jack's not admitting is he's at the mid-point of his THIRD such cycle!:whistling:

13. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Anyone ever been to the Midway store, in Columbia?

14. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Jan 26, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    No, but I've been to the Bass Proshops store in Manteca. Imagine my surprise when I went in thinking that they only sold boats and fishing poles and I found endcaps with eight pound containers of Unique for sale. :wow:

Remember Lenny in "Of Mice and Men?"
    Tell me about the Midway store in Columbia.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  15. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Never been there. Might take a trip up there sometime soon, only an hour and a half.

16. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Jan 26, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    I'm drooling. :cool: