close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

H.R. 822 National Reciprocity

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by MichiganPython, Jun 17, 2011.

1. MichiganPython

MichiganPython

Mar 9, 2005
    Michigan
    Has anyone heard what is going on with this? Seems like it has died in the rafters even though the bill has more than 50% of the House signed up as co-sponsors. The silence is deafening.

2. OldCurlyWolf

OldCurlyWolf

Aug 7, 2010
    Though it sounds good, for various political and legal reasons, it needs to die a silent death.

3. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Mar 24, 1999
    I do not think it will matter whether it passes or not.

I think the inevitable fallout from the Heller and McDonald decisions will result in 50 State CCW, probably within 3 to 5 years. With it will come ever increasing reciprocity, as well as more State going to "Alaska" style CCW.

4. yamen1999

yamen1999

Oct 4, 2008
    Florida
    HR822
    Latest Major Action: 2/28/2011 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security

Here is a link to the web page. http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query

HR822 should stay dead. If it gets passed the federal government will make a federal license law and nobody will carry then. The states already have the problem fixed. HR822 is a solution to something that is not a problem.

5. TexasFats

TexasFats NRA, TSRA, SAF

Sep 14, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I agree. If you want Eric Holder, Charles Schumer, and four or five of Obama's Czars drafting the requirements for a CCL, just get this bill passed into law. This bill is a classic example of "Be careful what you wish for--you might get it."