close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

H.R. 822 National Reciprocity

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by MichiganPython, Jun 17, 2011.

1. MichiganPython

MichiganPython
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone heard what is going on with this? Seems like it has died in the rafters even though the bill has more than 50% of the House signed up as co-sponsors. The silence is deafening.

2. OldCurlyWolf

OldCurlyWolf
    Expand Collapse

Though it sounds good, for various political and legal reasons, it needs to die a silent death.

3. Norske

Norske
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

I do not think it will matter whether it passes or not.

I think the inevitable fallout from the Heller and McDonald decisions will result in 50 State CCW, probably within 3 to 5 years. With it will come ever increasing reciprocity, as well as more State going to "Alaska" style CCW.

4. yamen1999

yamen1999
    Expand Collapse

HR822
    Latest Major Action: 2/28/2011 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security

Here is a link to the web page. http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query

HR822 should stay dead. If it gets passed the federal government will make a federal license law and nobody will carry then. The states already have the problem fixed. HR822 is a solution to something that is not a problem.

5. TexasFats

TexasFats
    Expand Collapse
    NRA, TSRA, SAF

I agree. If you want Eric Holder, Charles Schumer, and four or five of Obama's Czars drafting the requirements for a CCL, just get this bill passed into law. This bill is a classic example of "Be careful what you wish for--you might get it."